Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crackling coming from all speakers from midrangey frequencies during music and really bad from the radio. I was listening to an info radio station up here in Ontario Canada in Algonquin Park and the sound from this very clear station was cracking when the voice would get loud. This has been happening for some time now and it is really starting to piss me off!

1) Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the cause of it?

2) If know one has, what do you think it could be?

3) If I buy a better head unit can I hook up the speakers in a better way?

I have a Pioneer head unit
JBL door speakers
JBL 10" sub and amp.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Are you sure it is the speakers crackling? Could it be that the interior panel is vibrating and making the noise. I have that problem in my car, and when the radio announcer/commercials are talking, it is worse. If it's not the plastic panel....then I would try to swap the speakers with other speakers and see if it does the same. If not, then your speakers are the problem....

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pkmgarf said:
Are you sure it is the speakers crackling? Could it be that the interior panel is vibrating and making the noise. I have that problem in my car, and when the radio announcer/commercials are talking, it is worse. If it's not the plastic panel....then I would try to swap the speakers with other speakers and see if it does the same. If not, then your speakers are the problem....
No it isn't the speakers it was happening before I changed the deck and speakers only now it is more pronounced because the new speakers have tweeters with emphasize the sound.

Mybe I should rewire the whole sound system. Is there a how to on doing this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts