Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to have some fun and have a tune with the option of basically allowing some after firing when letting off the gas. That popcorn/ backfire crackle you hear a lot.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but the option to turn it on/ off would be great.

BRZ/ FRS community use Opentablet and basically just mess with the time, like in this video

https://youtu.be/ISkRrK8P1c8

and it's all set and done and they are able to achieve the crackles. No turbos, etc. An exhaust at the most.

I wondered if it's basically that simple for any of the Focus tuners to do? I've talked to Tom about it and he said we could figure out and do our best to achieve a crackle sound, and I'll probably end up going with his tune soon, but I wondered if it's really as simple for them as the video or if I'm just not following along here.

I have a 16 SE DCT.

·
FF Affiliate
30,663 Posts
Looking to have some fun and have a tune with the option of basically allowing some after firing when letting off the gas. That popcorn/ backfire crackle you hear a lot.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but the option to turn it on/ off would be great.

BRZ/ FRS community use Opentablet and basically just mess with the time, like in this video

https://youtu.be/ISkRrK8P1c8

and it's all set and done and they are able to achieve the crackles. No turbos, etc. An exhaust at the most.

I wondered if it's basically that simple for any of the Focus tuners to do? I've talked to Tom about it and he said we could figure out and do our best to achieve a crackle sound, and I'll probably end up going with his tune soon, but I wondered if it's really as simple for them as the video or if I'm just not following along here.

I have a 16 SE DCT.
If its a full stock Exh its almost impossible to get any good sound , if you have no CAT and a good aftermarket Exh the sound happens by it self

Tom

·
Registered
133 Posts
From what I've seen people running the fswerks race exhaust get pops and crackles. With the stock manifold.

·
FF Affiliate
30,663 Posts
From what I've seen people running the fswerks race exhaust get pops and crackles. With the stock manifold.
They do , its the CAT and Res that stop it from sounding better , the guys with header and Exh get the crack and pop naturally

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts