Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...anyone else have this issue? The alternator went south last week. I managed to make it to my local Ford dealership (wrong idea). At the time I was thankful as I wasn't stranded anywhere far away. But after they installed it I noticed a slight hiccup every now and then. So when the 'check engine' light came on, I took it to my most trusted mechanic and he hooked it up and the code said equated to a 'vacuum leak'. So he looked and couldn't find it but you could hear the area it was leaking in. So he took off the intake mainfold and shazaam, he found the leak, cracked intake! Even before he took it off he said the probability of it being cracked from the installation of the new alternator was highly probable and he may be right.

So in far warning, if you change your alternator be careful!!!! I will be contacting the dealership who installed it. [mad]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I have heard of this when a tech gets frustrated trying to get that alt out of that hole. Its just takes patients, some dont have that.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
It's very possible that they cracked or damaged the intake mani changing out the alternator. It's a tight fit to get it in there and if they don't take their time and wiggle it out, they'll screw up something. But if you go back to them and try to say that's what happened they'll say that's not the case and here's the bill to fix it.........

·
Registered
169 Posts
Haha yeah people deny everything...... I suggest you threaten them....lol.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
'02's didnt have that warranty from the factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts