Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a new problem to fix (if I can) my exhaust manifold has cracked. How hard is it to remove/replace this part on the 2.3L engine? Do you have to go underneath the car to get to those lower bolts? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hi everyone I have a new problem to fix (if I can) my exhaust manifold has cracked. How hard is it to remove/replace this part on the 2.3L engine? Do you have to go underneath the car to get to those lower bolts? Any help is appreciated.
Is this on your 04 SE wagon?

On my 05 ZX4 with the 2.3 disconnecting the flex pipe from the manicat so I could replace the flex pipe and downstream exhaust system was a PITA. The factory flex pipe has pressed in studs which face forward where it meets the manicat. The nuts on the manicat side are very difficult to reach and in any case they were siezed on like all exhaust fasteners. I ended up cutting off the heads of the studs from underneath with an air cut off wheel which was quite a process. You can see my posts and pics in posts 3-5 here:

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's just what I needed to know. This is not a project I want to take on so I'll just let the pro's handle it. ? Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts