Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Next item on the agenda to be repaired is the exhaust manifold. Why Ford combined these two items is beyond me but from what the local muffler shop has told me it's common for them to crack. Of course since I live in California there's a controversy with replacement. A tree branch broke off and clobbered the hood so I went to pick n pull and got another. I didn't think about the emissions sticker under the hood and now it doesn't match what's in the car. The local shop figured out what part will fit but it a universal cat and California doesn't allow it. The one and only correct part is on back order at this time and nobody knows if it will go back into production. I'm inclined to go with the local shop option (it's cheaper too) but I'm worried about how to explain the mismatched emission sticker when it comes time for a smog. Considering where the cat/manifold is located it will be pretty hard to tell what it is. Are these manifolds known for cracking? Would you have the shop fix it or try and find the Ford part?

w/ my magic bag
I've never heard one crack before.......your the 1st.

Registered
If i remember correctly california will allow you to bypass emissions if a star shop condemns an emission part that isnt available. If you can get that bypass then you can just put on a regular non carb exhaust manifold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts