Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've fixed the leak into my passenger side floor. Now it's time for cleanup, I've taken my carpet shampooer thing that sucks up water and sucked out a majority of the water. However there is still some left underneath the carpet/padding.

I have a dehumidifier that I was thinking about hooking up in the car as that should remove all moisture from inside my car.

Good idea or no?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Suck the water out with a shop-vac using the hose with no attachments. Then just leave it outside with the windows open and it will dry fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah only problem with that is I live in Washington State, and its been raining for the past week or so and it doesn't plan on stopping anytime soon so I don't think leaving the windows open is a good idea unless I plan on cleaning more water up haha.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
The de-humidifier idea will work. It just takes longer than sitting it in the sun with the doors open, propping up the carpet, and using fans.

If you run the de-humidifier for a long time, till everything is totally dry, you may avoid any musty smell. Outside in wet weather will make this a lengthy process...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
the dehumidifier trick will work! I had to do that in my old pick up when I drove through a lake...haha, don't ask

1 - 7 of 7 Posts