Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!!! SOLD!!! SOLD!!! Thanks, Jonathan!

EDIT: NOW WITH PICS

$40 shipped anywhere in the U.S. (anywhere else will be $40 plus shipping)

I bought this from European Parts, along with ST170 lights, last month.

(See their ad here: http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php?currency=USD&products_id=167)

Unfortunately, although it looks great (I haven't actually put it on my car because my current wiper arm is corroded on), it's not nearly as long as my 15" or 16" Trico ICON-a-like, and the blade itself is only 12" (!), so I don't even want to bother. I for one don't want to give up that much window coverage just for looks.

Please don't flame me talking about how you can buy the Ford Edge wiper, or maybe even the Mazda3 one, cheaper (I KNOW you can buy at least the Edge one cheaper); some people here actually want THIS one - so here's a decent deal (you save on the shipping from Europe).

This appears to be a GM part (given that it says "GM" inside, and that it also said GM on the bag I threw out), not a Peugeot one as many here claim it to be (although maybe Peugeot and GM share it)...

Thanks for looking!

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
FYI all you have to do to get your old one off is soak it in a little WD40 [thumb] (it's what I did....that thing would not come off but after like 30 sec of WD40 it popped right off)

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ Thanks - yeah I figured WD40 would do it, but I just decided I love the ultra-wide coverage I get with the wiper I have now. Maybe I'll monkey it off if I find another, bigger covered wiper...

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I call dibs pending pics!
I'll try to post some this weekend (a slight challenge, because I just moved and don't have internet at home - will have to haul the laptop somewhere to upload 'em)

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Looks great, but I didn't realize that the stock rear wiper was 3-4" longer than this one.[scratch]

Yeah, I'll take it!

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ Great! I await your PM...

(And, yeah, it's a shorty.)

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Sorry. I've changed my mind about the wiper. I might be getting rid of the car soon.

Somebody take this off of Shep's hands at a great price!

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
for anybody worried about it being shorter.....it really doesn't matter because with my edge wiper it doesn't get the top inch or two anyway lol

this is essentially what my rear window coverage is with my edge wiper(dotted rows are not cleared by my edge wiper).....doesn't bother me too much though

._________________________..
.._________________________________.
._______________________________________ .
.___________________________________________ .
._______________________________________________.
.___________________________________________________.
._____________________________________________________ .
._______________________________________________________ .​
free bump [grinking]

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
I bought my Edge wiper from Steve as well. Can someone do a picture DIY for me. I looked at the wiper really quickly and not sure where it needs to be detached. What kind of tool do I need to replace it?

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A wrench (socket or otherwise) of the proper size. Perhaps some WD-40 (or similar) as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts