Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know the process of getting svt EAP front seats working in my zx3. I have manual everything......Also if I have manual locks and mirrors nd I wanted to swap to power, If I just bought junk yard doors, where does harness connect to the car?

Thannks

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
The svt seats are height adjustment. I'd think you could just use your seat brackets on the svt seats. For the windows & locks, you'd need to look up a ford electrial manual as I'm not sure.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that all or most Foci are wired for power everything from the factory. You just have to buy the power mirrors, locks, switches, and fuses and plug them in. Don't quote me on this, though.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
The seats will fit right in without changing any brackets. The only thing you will need to swap are the seat belts. Each model year seat belt were year specific which means you need to have the same year seat belts in the car or you'll have a light on the dash and the whole air bag system will turn off. The easiest way to get around this is to swap the seat belts from your old seats onto the new ones so the seat belt systems match up.

SVT seats also have power up/down and I'm pretty sure the EAPs are heated. Like the rest of the electrical systems, I'm not for sure what you need to do to get that to work but I'm sure someone else will know or you'll be able to find info elsewhere on this site.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
This^^^^^^^^^^ But if you aren't going to wire up the seat motor, I'd use your old driver seat bracket or at least throw power at it to get the seat all the way down at least.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
The svt driver's seat has a power height adjustment vs our cars w/ manual cranks. If your going to use the svt seat w/ the original svt bracket= I'd use a couple of jumper wires to a battery to make sure the seat is in the lowest position. Then you don't have to deal w/ wiring up the power seat. Or just use your old seat bracket w/ the svt seat. I'd figure out which one sits the lowest.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The svt driver's seat has a power height adjustment vs our cars w/ manual cranks. If your going to use the svt seat w/ the original svt bracket= I'd use a couple of jumper wires to a battery to make sure the seat is in the lowest position. Then you don't have to deal w/ wiring up the power seat. Or just use your old seat bracket w/ the svt seat. I'd figure out which one sits the lowest.
What does the old bracket with svt's seats do?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
What does the old bracket with svt's seats do?
Allows you to use your manual crank height adjustment & also not having to deal w/ wiring up the power. Like I mentioned earlier, you could just bolt in the svt seat & brackets, but you won't have the power height adjustment unless you wire it up. So if you want to use the svt bracket, either throw power to the seat motor w/ a couple of jumper wires to lower the seat or just wire it up. If I was doing it= I'd figure out which bracket has the lowest seat height & use that, whether its the svt bracket or your oem bracket. Hope that helps you,,,,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts