Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some searching and cross referencing of part numbers, I decided to swap the entire rear subframe from an 05 ST onto my 07 ZX3. That way, I get the swaybar AND the discs in one fell swoop. Oh, and I found one for a REALLY good price...

Picked up the complete subframe today, and have a few questions that still need to be flushed out:

1: In order to maintain my parking brake, would P/N 6S4Z-2A603-B be the correct and only brake cable assembly I need? The current e-brake works fine, so the front cable should be OK, plus I *believe* that the front cable assembly is the same, regardless of drum/discs. Or am I missing something?

2: How does the e-brake cable attach to the disc caliper? I didn't see the subframe in the car, only on a pallet after the fact. Any brackets/connectors I should be looking for?

3: What brake hoses would I need for this setup? I have seen mention that there are length issues with some brake swaps, but what about swapping the whole subframe? Would a stock 05 rubber hose work, or should I use a set of front hoses (something I have seen done online)? I am considering stainless, but will probably just do rubber first to get it in and functional.

4: Any pointers on the swap? Aligning subframe, extra precautions, etc? Or is it a 'drop the exhaust, remove the bolts, drop frame, install frame, tighten all up'?

Thanks in advance [cheers] themaddhatter

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
The cable number is correct because I could use one myself, and the front cable is the same on all. The bracket should be on the calipers, it's a round eyelet near the lever.

Hoses, look up the ST hoses from the same year. The SVT setup like mine has four rear hoses opposed to the STs two, if I need new rear hoses I'm going with the ST version. Maybe someone else has subframe pointers, as I've never removed one.

Pictures + 1000 words
FRPP Instructions

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Sniper, very helpful.

The cable number is correct because I could use one myself, and the front cable is the same on all. The bracket should be on the calipers, it's a round eyelet near the lever.

Hoses, look up the ST hoses from the same year. The SVT setup like mine has four rear hoses opposed to the STs two, if I need new rear hoses I'm going with the ST version. Maybe someone else has subframe pointers, as I've never removed one.

Pictures + 1000 words
FRPP Instructions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts