Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to make sure I do everything right as I've never done it before and dont' want to mess anything up..

Below is my engine... now the hose I would use to suck up the seafoam would be the one coming out of the back of the valve cover right? Just trying to be sure because I have ran seafoam in the crankcase before as well as the gas tank but never thru the line going to the engine...

And one other question....

I need to replace the PCV hose on my engine as well... could seafoaming my car before replacing that hose potentially damage anything?

AND...

Is that something I could replace myself without any other tools other than your basic hand tools?

Thanks in advance for any info/advice/responses!

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Replace the PCV hose first. Odds are you are running somewhat lean to begin with.

And no that is not the hose I would recommend using to suck up Seafoam. Use the little one just above the light green cap on the passenger side. I feel that a large hose delivers too much too fast and can cause harm. A little at a time is just safer IMO.

BTW, nice job in keeping the engine clean. I can't stand some of the corroded ugly dirty engine bays on here. Noting worse than having to clean grease/mud off an engine before you work on it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replace the PCV hose first. Odds are you are running somewhat lean to begin with.

And no that is not the hose I would recommend using to suck up Seafoam. Use the little one just above the light green cap on the passenger side. I feel that a large hose delivers too much too fast and can cause harm. A little at a time is just safer IMO.

BTW, nice job in keeping the engine clean. I can't stand some of the corroded ugly dirty engine bays on here. Noting worse than having to clean grease/mud off an engine before you work on it.
It was actually pretty dirty that day... I'm a clean freak when it comes to anything but especially my car... Inside/out & under the hood.

As far as the hose sucking up the seafoam... the one off the back of the valve cover would work though if I was really careful and just putting like a quarter of the tip in the seafoam itself?? The hose above the green cap off to the left... which hose is that?

Sorry for all the Noob questions.... But I gotta learn sometime and I won't pick anything up if I don't ask!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now as far as replacing the pcv hose...

Could anybody photoshop a circle or something over the hose itself if it is visible on this picture? I have spent enough money on this car having other people do the work and would rather save the $$$ if at all possible..

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
^^agree with iminhell

a EB is one of the best things you can do for your fofo

·
Registered
936 Posts
Its not visible in that pic. Its basically between the engine and the firewall, almost directly down from the Throttle Body. The most common ZETEC hose at least. There's a lot of talk about it in this thread.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^agree with iminhell

a EB is one of the best things you can do for your fofo
EB??? [???:)]

Its not visible in that pic. Its basically between the engine and the firewall, almost directly down from the Throttle Body. The most common ZETEC hose at least. There's a lot of talk about it in this thread.
Thanks Hawkeye!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts