Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1: I am toying around with the idea of getting a short throw shifter to put onto
my 5 speed FoFo and was wondering which one is going to be the best one to
get. I have seen the Steeda one and it was listed for around $100, not too
sure if it's a good one to get or if there is a better or more cost effective one
out there.

2: I am also thinking of getting some seat covers for my ride and have been
doing some poking around and have found some blue and black ones that look
alright. Any suggestions on brands for quality and cost? Or should I just skip
this one since I have the tan interior.

Links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,
-VonKrause-

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
cant help you on covers but I can tell you about STS.

I personally use the CFM STS and i would rate it 7/10 (10 highest). It does reduce the throws. Its very smooth into every gear. Its all around good. Only thing i Dislike is the fact that the throws seems like it would better suite a RHD person. What i mean is first gear is dead center of the column and 5th I have to reach over and shift into 5th.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I have the Steeda STS and I love it!! Short shifts and easy to install

As for the seat covers you need to consider the air bags in the seats. I know there are seat covers out there for seats with bags in them.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I say go for it! You can get high end leather covers from Ford (Katskin), other then that what ever you want as long as you member the airbags.

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Holy crap. You better REALLY want that new interior if you go with katzkin, because it's going to cost you $2,000+

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I did say "High End" didn't I!!!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
PS where did you get those floor mats?!? i want to order them asap! are they fitted for the focus

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
^yeah they are WeatherTech floor mats. They are vehicle specific for the Focus.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
dont forget SES leather seats as well, personally I would love to find a nice leather set out of a Lincoln MKZ (Fusion Twin) in tan to match my existing color.

·
Registered
76 Posts
yeah, go with the sel seats, that way you know everything fits/works just like it was meant to.

·
Registered
782 Posts
def thinking about getting the trunk... my nasty fishing boots in the trunk everyday during summer

1 - 20 of 30 Posts