Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my svtf to a good friend who is a master mechanic @ ford. And had him listen to the rattle I mentioned in another post. He told me it was not the throw out bearing. He told me it might be the twin counter shafts in the tranny. I asked many of you about the rattle before but I think you thought of a different rattle.
The rattle only exist if the car is @ idle and clutch pedal out. It goes away for a bit if you push pedal in. And if you push pedal in and out and shift through gears @ idle it may go away completely for a bit. Any one have same issue.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I have the same noise... I'm pretty sure its my throw out bearing... as for being a master mechanic at Ford... I've met a few that didnt know crap... they were just able to pass the test.

·
Banned
621 Posts
If you push the clutch in and the noise goes away, thats def your TOB.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car is back in shop and a SVT cert mechanic said it is very possible the counter shaft is making noise. If so new tranny is only option. No parts for tranny. They finally agreed on the hearing the noise. All it took was a SVT mechanic.

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
If it turns out to be the throw out bearing, then this is very common in the Focus. I've had this noise since day one of 2003, and have had no problems since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts