Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do yo think if we all got together we could get ford to buy back our cars with unhappy transmission owners. None of us expected to get this car with the unrefined transmission. I bought my car its not a lease so i am stuck with it unless i take a big loss. Ford needs to have more integrity.[bawling]

·
Registered
147 Posts
My asking price would be higher than what I paid.
(and I don't haggle)

Lovin' this car!
Rich

·
Registered
343 Posts
Do yo think if we all got together we could get ford to buy back our cars with unhappy transmission owners. None of us expected to get this car with the unrefined transmission. I bought my car its not a lease so i am stuck with it unless i take a big loss. Ford needs to have more integrity.[bawling]
We all don't share your sentiments. Work it out with Ford.
We must be entering another full moon cycle.

·
Boob Whisperer
6,104 Posts
If you are truly serious, investigate the Lemon laws for Florida. If your problem(s) meet the criteria, then contact an attorney.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yup...there's a lot of happy transmission owners. 4cyl + automatic has never been a good thing for me up until I tried it in the Focus.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do yo think if we all got together we could get ford to buy back our cars with unhappy transmission owners. [bawling]
You need to realize the number of owners having transmission problems while very vocal on this forum are very small compared to those with no problems. From what I have found, the DCT design works very well so problems seem to be isolated and not systemic. I'm super critical of how an engine and transmission play together and this setup works quite well for me.

If you are having problems with your car that Ford won't properly fix in a timely fashion, then the BBB lemon law is probably the best avenue to pursue. Let me tell you though from first hand experience, it is not a pleasant process. I had to do this with a car from another manufacturer in 2009 and I received a full refund for the purchase price plus taxes. This was for a shudder/vibration problem that a car manufacturer said was normal and within their tolerances although not all identically equiped cars did this (sound similar?). The arbitrator awarded me the decision citing that the problem was significant enough to diminish resale value of the car. Some states BBB laws allow for diminished value and not just safety problems. You need to check your states BBB laws to see how you are protected. Your part in this process is that you must allow Ford the opportunity to fix the problem. It might take a few trips to the dealership and you have to bring it back and let them know if it isn't fixed. Be sure to document everything and keep all your paper work. Also keep track of how many days the car is in the shop and out of service. In the end, if it goes to arbitration, you will have an independant industry expert drive the car and confirm the problems and that testimony is used during the arbitration process. All of this arbitration is at no cost to you other than time. The BBB really is a valuable asset to the consumer it turns out if you can not get resolution with the manufacturer.

·
-----<M>-----
2,724 Posts
You need to realize the number of owners having transmission problems while very vocal on this forum are very small compared to those with no problems.
What do you base this on?

From what I have found, the DCT design works very well so problems seem to be isolated and not systemic. I'm super critical of how an engine and transmission play together and this setup works quite well for me.
Ahhh, your extensive market research. It's crystal clear now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Florida happens to have very good lemon laws which is a good thing. I once had issues with a VW I had, I told them I would be filing a claim per the Florida Lemon Law and they were pretty fast to buy my car back. By Florida law, once a car is labeled a "Lemon", dealers are no longer allowed to sell it in the state of Florida.

Also mentioned in this thread, this like most forums only represents a small portion of owners. So of course you are going to hear more gripping and complaints, but again that is a small representation of all the owners out there. It was the same when I used to be on the VW forums. People need to vent so they turn to the forums. The people enjoying their cars, well they are out there enjoying their cars rather then spending time on forums.

In today's ecomony, the auto manufacturers can't afford to let major issues to slip. Look at what Toyota went through with that big recall mess. And with the speed information travels these days, I would find it hard to believe that Ford would turn a blind eye to a major tranny issue. That would only hurt them.

I am not going to discount that people have tranny issues, but I would bet the percentage is low in the grand scheme of things. If you are one of those un-lucky ones and the dealer can't make it right, absolutely look into the Lemon Law.

·
Boob Whisperer
6,104 Posts
Florida happens to have very good lemon laws which is a good thing. I once had issues with a VW I had, I told them I would be filing a claim per the Florida Lemon Law and they were pretty fast to buy my car back. By Florida law, once a car is labeled a "Lemon", dealers are no longer allowed to sell it in the state of Florida.

Also mentioned in this thread, this like most forums only represents a small portion of owners. So of course you are going to hear more gripping and complaints, but again that is a small representation of all the owners out there. It was the same when I used to be on the VW forums. People need to vent so they turn to the forums. The people enjoying their cars, well they are out there enjoying their cars rather then spending time on forums.

In today's ecomony, the auto manufacturers can't afford to let major issues to slip. Look at what Toyota went through with that big recall mess. And with the speed information travels these days, I would find it hard to believe that Ford would turn a blind eye to a major tranny issue. That would only hurt them.

I am not going to discount that people have tranny issues, but I would bet the percentage is low in the grand scheme of things. If you are one of those un-lucky ones and the dealer can't make it right, absolutely look into the Lemon Law.
QFT!

OP, while venting here can be therapeutic, we can't help solve YOUR problem. Get documentation, then get the the dealer and their Regional Service Manager involved. I would venture to say that your problem will be addressed in very short order if you follow those simple steps.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ive read a lot of hookie about the power shift tranny.
You can satisfy some of the people some of the time.
But you cant satisfy everyone all the time!.

Mine has no problems.....................[burnout]

·
Registered
138 Posts
I did my research and knew what I was getting. This is not an automatic transmission, and if you treat it like one you will have issues.

I spent the first day testing and getting used to the new driving style. Now that I know how it will react and drive accordingly I have no issues.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts