Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard rumors that the 2.5l v6 out of a cougar is almost a direct swap into a focus. it uses the mtx75 tranny which is great and it supposedly the driver side motor mount and lower torque mount/tranny mount fit the focus. if there is any truth to this i might try it later on. i love the sound of a built v6 way more than the fart sound of a 4 cyl and going from 130hp to 170 would be phenominal. has any1 done this? any additional details would be excellent. ive heard that the cables even work. if it is as easy as im thinking it might be i think this swap could be done for about a grand if i found a cheap motor and ecu.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
if you are going to do a V6 do a contour svt.... way cooler

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh well thanks for that tid bit then i did not know that. completely ignore this thread

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
because the 2.5L contour SVT is probably alot cheaper and its actually about the same power (i think its 200hp? really have no idea)

·
Registered
82 Posts
The 2.5 is only at 200hp in the 2000 year model of the CSVT, otherwise its 190hp.
The 3L has different hp ratings depending on what car you pull it from. Its rated up to 220hp I think.

silveib, actually the 3L is decently cheap, more so compared to a full CSVT powertrain/ecu. I believe the difference in the 2.5L & the CSVT 2.5L are: ECU, intake, cams, & maybe pistons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts