Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv been wondering is the cosworth yb and ybt essentially a duratec 23 with a turbo, iv been trying to souce a yb but i cannot find any this side of the pond,
anyone able to help me, im looking for mostly NA performance unless i find an rs500 YB

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
You can do up a motor for a lot less than 1 of thou's!

iv been wondering is the cosworth yb and ybt essentially a duratec 23 with a turbo, iv been trying to souce a yb but i cannot find any this side of the pond,
anyone able to help me, im looking for mostly NA performance unless i find an rs500 YB
You should be able to do up a motor like that for a whole lot less, w/ alvaliblable part's here in the state's. Check out CFM= Central Florida Motorsport's & FSWerk's that's 2, there are a few more that carry or can get you part's Forged piston's/ Rod's/ cam's/ valve's. & don't forget you could alway's add a FSWerk's Turbo kit!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be able to do up a motor like that for a whole lot less, w/ alvaliblable part's here in the state's. Check out CFM= Central Florida Motorsport's & FSWerk's that's 2, there are a few more that carry or can get you part's Forged piston's/ Rod's/ cam's/ valve's. & don't forget you could alway's add a FSWerk's Turbo kit!
alright, main thing is im looking for around 250-300 NA to start with

and also would the Sapphire valve cover fit the duratec 2.0 and 2.3 head? just for looks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking of going with almost a full race engine, stage 3 crower cams, crower valve springs, cossy IM, Fswerks header, dont know the full exhaust yet but going back to a cherry bomb glasspack , and ecu tune on top of everything probably stroker kit

·
Registered
770 Posts
Even with all that u might make Around 185-190whp. A couple guys have hit a bit over 200whp NA and they are extensive builds. Check out the duratec dyno thread to see what I mean. For the power u want boost is the only way to go.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even with all that u might make Around 185-190whp. A couple guys have hit a bit over 200whp NA and they are extensive builds. Check out the duratec dyno thread to see what I mean. For the power u want boost is the only way to go.
well i guess ill max out the NA then supercharged then turbo to supercharger

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
well i guess ill max out the NA then supercharged then turbo to supercharger
well, no not really possible. A maxed out NA motor would be a very high compression ratio. Far to high for a boost system. Your better off setting one goal and sticking to it. You want a reliable 300hp, go boost right away. Unless you want to build multiple motors.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, no not really possible. A maxed out NA motor would be a very high compression ratio. Far to high for a boost system. Your better off setting one goal and sticking to it. You want a reliable 300hp, go boost right away. Unless you want to build multiple motors.
what would be a good turbo setup and what psi should i be running

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah~ 200hp is about the max you will reach NA, and that's not even whp. If you do a low compression build (9 or 8.5 to 1) with forged internals and a turbo, you could easily hit 300whp with prob 12psi of boost. If you don't plan to build, 240hp is around the most the stock engine can handle on FI.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
^^^^^ A good start w/ your stock motor is adding CFM's Tubular control arm's & a Torsen, + a dogbone= to get the power to the deck. & that's not including a desent clutch & flywheel, when you pull the motor out!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Im building a 2.3 na at the stat of next year. Im sure you can get 200whp with a mild built motor. Im putting 164whp off of a 2.0. i have no internals! No port job, just bolt ons. 300-350 might be hard to reach ,but hell be different go for it!

·
Registered
198 Posts
The turbo way is great,but why do the same old thing every body else does. Just wanted every one to know im not bad mouthing turbo set ups.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Its what everyone does because a turbo IS the replacement for displacement. Its the easiest way to get into good HP numbers. There is a limit to how much air an engine can pump in and out via atmospheric pressure, while there are turbo guys who are still setting records for highest horsepower... Aka roushturbo'dzx3 pushing something like 650 whp? Thats nearly impossible with almost any NA 4,5,6 and even some 8 cylinders.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
198 Posts
I understand why people go turbo. Its a great bang for the buck. Im trying for a record also. 3 different class i can go into to. But if i go turbo,nitrous, anthing but na, i get put into classes that have record of 200mph and higher. records for my class are around 131mph to 134mph. Its also different kind of racing than the normal auto-x or 1/4 mile most peopl do. These number are done in a standing mile. Im just be anal, i always see some person ask about na builds then the next remark is go turbo. I jsut hate seeing the answer to ever thing being TURBO. lol....I will say again, not trying to be a jerk, but if you follow the leader than you will never lead.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I disagree with the whole 200whp is all you can get...There are guys across the pond getting up to 300whp with an NA durance engine. You aren't gonna get shit for tq but its possible. ITB's custom header, intake, intake manifold, head, valves, everything will need to be just about custom but it is possible.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts