Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know what you all thought about the Cossie intake manifold? I mean I am doing all the Cosworth parts individually because I would rather do it that way but is the intake manifold really worth the 750.00 after tax and stuff. I mean I will prolly get it last and later down the road but right now it is cams, header and flex, and tune. I only ask this because if you look on Cosworth's website it says with intake and the intake manifold you gain 27 crank HP and about 12-15 of that is from the CAI.

Basically do you all think it would be a good idea to do do the intake manifold last, or should I just forget about that all together?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I have a grand to just spend right now. I can either get the intake manifold and the SCT XCAL2 or I can get the cams and valve springs and the SCT XCAL2. Which should I get? I know that the intake manifold is quite a bit more expensive and if I spend this money on cams and such I will have to wait longer to get the inake manifold than if I got the intake manifold now and got cams later. What do you all think I need many opinions by tomorrow cause I will be placing my order.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
fix your driveway with that money. [rofl]

[joke]

Get the svt 5 spoke rims you always talk about. Are you sick of me yet? I always tell you to get parts you don't have listed that you are looking at.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have money to get the rims... thats already accounted for... I have a grand EXTRA to spend on cams or intake manifold... I dunno. I am getting the cams that DON'T require the upgraded valve springs but I wanna get them anyways because I will have the limiter set to 7100 and it says to upgrade them if over 7200 so thats cutting too close in my opinion.

Read the second post and tell me what you would do.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
definately cams+valve springs. I been saying cams from the begginning. Plus I think that the intake manifold would help more with throttle responce than adding power. SO I say cams, and I'll let oither people help you out besides jacking your threads.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do u mean jacking y threads.... you are helping me out a lot because I really needed opinion. Now anothe question is wouldn't you go with the cams that don't require a bunch of work becuase if I get cams that require valve springs they are going to require valve relief and that is something I am not willing to have done... thats too much. I was thinking about the cams that don't require valve springs that way I don't have to have valve relief done but I am still going to get the valve springs for the added protection they give.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I don't know much about cams and valve springs, I just assumed from reading your post, that if you got cams, you were gonna do valve springs with them. WHatever route you take, I think cams is your next best mod whether or not you do valve springs.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes cams it looks like what I am doing BUT the cams I am getting DO NOT require valve springs but the ones that DO require springs also require valve relief and I am not willing to do that. But I am going to get the valve springs just for added protection even tho I don't need them.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
that sounds like a pretty good plan then. It is your daily driver anyway right? You don't have to go too crazy mod wise.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes this car is my daily driver as well as my little race car...LOL

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I think intake and sct but mabye because that is what I want

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL... yeah I dunno what I am doing as of right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts