Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive an 06 ZX3 se with manual trans. I havn't started on the car yet but I have been looking heavily into a lot of the Cosworth Parts. My questions being does anyone know if the Cosworth CAI, Race or street exhaust, and race header/flex pipe fit my application? And finally does anyone have any of these installed and or know anything about how the cosworth parts perform? I've read some posts about what intake to buy and who has what, but of the two that had the cosworth intakes no one said much about them. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
do not get the cosworth header, the primaries are too large.

all parts will work with the 2.0, excep tthe intake manifold

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
they're not too large, it just depends upon what youre goals are and what else you plan to do.

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah if you plan on building a balls out natural aspirated engine then a cosworth header would be good, but for a more mild engine the draxas would be best.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
In a perfect world I'd like to do a header back exhaust, do the intake manifold and out (throttle body, Cold air, and manifold) beef up the ignition, an ECU flash, and well some more smaller shit like underdrive pulley possibly, but in that ballpark as far as power making upgrades. I'd like to mainly cover most of the bolt ons and suspension for now and then chill out on it for awhile.

·
Registered
930 Posts
header back exhaust, intake, tb, and intake manifold are all doable: the intake manifold will be the hardest part to get installed and working.

As far as ignition, this will save you money, you have state of the art coil on plug ignition, and at present there isn't anything better that you could put in a focus...or really anything better that I can think of period. Might put in some autolite 104 plugs gapped @ .060, that seemed to make my car less poppy and slightly smoother. Just have to change them prolly every 10-20k and check the gap every oil change.

The underdrive pulley you can do, however, I would recommend not doing it. It can be a dangerous proposition as it can jack up timing.

Crane stage I cams would be good to get too. Walter Marcy is running a group buy right now that has a great deal on crane cams. They would prolly be safer to install than the underdrive pulley, and would give better gains.

·
Registered
108 Posts
from what i have heard, the itg filter on the focus sport intake is supposed to be the best filter out there..... thats just what i have heard tho

1 - 8 of 8 Posts