Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am going in deep to the heart and soul of the Focus now...LOL

Did Cosworth ever make an crankshaft for the Zetec? I know they made pistons and rods that I own.
Will the Duratec crankshaft and bearings fit in an Zetec engine at all????
If not then who makes aftermaket crankshaft and bearings????

I own an set of Cosworth piston 8.5.1 compression and now just brought Cosworth rods designed for not good for your high revving NA setup - but undeniabley the strongest rod available for booooost
Huge 12 point rod bolts. They weigh a good 25% more than any comparable forged Zetec rod on the market

Cosworth: I'm glad I have there strength

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will it fit in an Zetec is the thing I want to know, and must handle 8500rpm+, 4-5 bar boost, 150-250 shot of nos and will handle 750 to 1000WHP

I'm designing and building a GTI, honda etc eatting killing machine.

·
Banned
143 Posts
good grief you dont need 1000whp to beat a gti!!!

and also, when you're done come down to sydney so i can take a look at the car. should only take you about 15 mins with your 1000hp + nos.

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
Crower no longer makes a Zetec crank , I have a steel crank that will hold those HP goals
You do know for anything over 700 and about 7800 rpm you will have to change to a dry sump oil system.

But I have the crank and bearings

Tom

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Holy $#%& 1000hp you do that with your zetec and i will need a change in pants. Is that even possible.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crower no longer makes a Zetec crank , I have a steel crank that will hold those HP goals
You do know for anything over 700 and about 7800 rpm you will have to change to a dry sump oil system.
But I have the crank and bearings
Tom
So how much for the crank and bearings? you can PM or email if you like.
I'm guessing you can't use standard oil when using an dry sump oil system???? and do you or can you make an dry sump oil system????

So I need ARP Rod Bolt Kit (set of 8) - Ford Focus 16v 2.0L Zetec FS1516005, crank and bearings, dry sump oil system, what other parts do I still need????

I don't need an CGI block cos our euro Focus have stronger parts

Cheers
Rob

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
So how much for the crank and bearings? you can PM or email if you like.
I'm guessing you can't use standard oil when using an dry sump oil system???? and do you or can you make an dry sump oil system????

So I need ARP Rod Bolt Kit (set of 8) - Ford Focus 16v 2.0L Zetec FS1516005, crank and bearings, dry sump oil system, what other parts do I still need????

I don't need an CGI block cos our euro Focus have stronger parts

Cheers
Rob
The euro has the same block as we do and for this build you will need a CGI , a good dry sump set up will cost you about 45 to 5000.00 for everything and yes takes regular oil

Why do you need a ARP Rod bolt kit ?

For the Steel Billet crank your looking at about 1875.00

Tom

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The euro has the same block as we do and for this build you will need a CGI , a good dry sump set up will cost you about 45 to 5000.00 for everything and yes takes regular oil

Why do you need a ARP Rod bolt kit ?

For the Steel Billet crank your looking at about 1875.00

Tom
The steel billet and crank come with the CGI?
I'm not putting stock bolt back in
I notest your crank is 9.1 but my cossie piston are 8.5.1 and I'm looking between 8.1 to 9.1 for my build so will that an problem at all?
What about the stock gear box casing can I still use that as I have the torque converter and input shift or is it more into that as well????
How much WHP can I have before I need an dry sump?

P.S. got anything to say today slower then you[wave] joking around
I told you say doesn't really say it does it.........lol

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought once you had the pistons, rods, billet and crank it would hold together, i'm still learning.
How much HP can the stock block hold before blowing up????

Now should I send my pistons and rods to you to find out the right compression but, I'm not sending the FR head back because I can see fun and games with my performance shop with compression and tuning

I guess the ecu, tuning is the main thing to worry about before we talk about compression.

you ready for another long ph call....lol

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know where you get the Cosworth CGI block from.
Just gotta work out whos cheaper to my door

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's an company in the UK and they sell them for £750.00(inc.Vat)
LAST BATCH OF BLOCKS DUE END DECEMBER

Rob

·
Registered
83 Posts
Will it fit in an Zetec is the thing I want to know, and must handle 8500rpm+, 4-5 bar boost, 150-250 shot of nos and will handle 750 to 1000WHP

I'm designing and building a GTI, honda etc eatting killing machine.
4-5 bar of boost is about 58-72 pounds of boost. Not possible for any street car, or without a race team budget and engineer, not to mention the most exotic type of gas you can imagine. Along with a killer, one of a kind drive train

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
4-5 bar of boost is about 58-72 pounds of boost. Not possible for any street car, or without a race team budget and engineer, not to mention the most exotic type of gas you can imagine. Along with a killer, one of a kind drive train
I wouldn't be using that type of boost all the time only at the drags or dyno days to show off, god man if I had that upset as my DD you would be doing engine build 1-2 months.

110 or 115 octane and I wouldn't use that for my DD.

Beleive it or not the drive train/line is pretty strong from what 've been told by Lentech and Tom.

I've got the piston and rods to handle this load= Cosworth 8.5.1 and no it won't be lagey
If i want more then 500whp then yeah I'll need the CGI block so I don't know if I want to push it that far.
I've spent lot of money on this Engine and alot of it are in boxes in my cupboard waiting to go in.

I still gotta get engine mounts, ARP fasterents, all the MSD and some other small parts from lentch and im sure there's parts I'm missing.

By the way Tom Massive speed, I was on the ph to K-dog and he was telling me they also can get the CGI block.
Your cheaper of coures but, it sux being an dealer cos every1 is selling the same parts.

Rob

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
If your going for big power you need the ATX Lentech build for my , there isnt another one like it out there and it is super strong , it is for sale

Tom

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If your going for big power you need the ATX Lentech build for my , there isnt another one like it out there and it is super strong , it is for sale

Tom
I don't need the torque converter and input shaft.
If there's any small parts inside for gear box then I'll order it from Lentech.
I know the stock gear box casing is fine cos I ask Lentech.

The drive train/line is strong so Lentech tell me.

The converter I purchased from Ford was designed for Fords SVO parts program in conjuction with Len Tech Automotive . Stall speed is relative to the engine power output for example this converter would stall @ 4000 rpm with a turbo charged engine or @ 26/2800 rpm naturally aspirated , stall speed will change in relationship to the torque curve of the engine eg: when the engine starts to make usable torque and at what rpm. The figures I have given you for stall are an average for the type of engine mentioned your .stall speed may be higher or lower .

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also Ive been told by Cossie and M-Sport that the CGI we be hard to come by soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts