Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed the Cosworth CAI and Manifold Kit on my 2006 ST. FYI this can be done but you MUST retrofit the power steering pump and reservoir and related hoses from 2005. Cosworth was not aware of this when I contacted them so I was on my own to find a solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
looks nice good job

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
fastfordtech said:
FYI this can be done but you MUST retrofit the power steering pump and reservoir and related hoses from 2005.
What do you mean I have to retrofit the power sterring pump and reservoir and related hoses, what do you mean. I have mine on the way and I need to know what you mean.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Something though just doesn't make sense... from what I have heard there are no changes from the 05 to the 06 engine wise atleast nothing drastic like having a power steering pump, hoses, and reservoir in the way when putting an intake manifold on.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Re: Re: Cosworth Manifold on 2006

sharon5384 said:
What do you mean I have to retrofit the power sterring pump and reservoir and related hoses, what do you mean. I have mine on the way and I need to know what you mean.
What she said!

From everything that I've read, there are no differences between the 05/06 ST engines/mechanicals.

So what gives f/f tech?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
ok I guess he doesn't check this all the time but I really need to know because I will installing mine soon. Anybody??? I don't understand where was the power steering reservoir located before you had to retrofit one.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Im sure its nothing to major Sharon! And your throwing a piss load of money into that car =P

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
hell yeah I am throwing a piss load of money in this car thats why I need to know if the intake manifold will fit an 06 cause if not I need to know what else I need to get before I start to install it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
try to find some pictures of engine bays. there were some changes to the 06's with the aforementioned. The battery and its connections and cover is all different too.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
This is killing me.... I need to know what is going on. I cannot rip apart my engine and find out that I need other parts because then I will have to put the stock one back on and go find the parts I need and then come back home and rip it all apart again.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
I need a pic someone I need to know what I have to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK Sorry I just moved and have not been on line much since the original post. Here is the scoop. In October 2005 (early 2006 model year) the power steering reservoir was moved from the inner fender to the power steering pump itself. The engine is the same and the factory manifold is the same BUT the cosworth manifold hits the 06 reservoir. So. . . off to the junk yard and obtain a pump, reservoir, hose to connect the two and a ps cooler if you do not want to extend your original return hose. All from a 2005 and presto it all fits.

Does it run? find me on the street and I will show you my tail lights.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
You really noticed a BIG gain??? I about to order manifold or cams but don't know which.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Start with the manifold then move to cams later. The stock manifold only breathes well to 5000 rpm regarless of your cam choice.

The Cosworth intake manifold and CAI are noisy but the power just keeps coming until the new 7000 rpm rev limiter comes on.

I will try to get some before, during and after pics up next week.

I am just trying to save anyone out there the trouble of R&R the intake twice like I had to do. The Cosworth parts are fine but they were NO HELP when I contacted them with my 2006 issues.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
well my 2006 has the 05 engine bay where the power steering resevoir is near the firewall so everything is ok.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is 05 layout - yes?

I am trying to work out if my 06 has the 05 layout and is thus able to accept the Cosworth Intake Manifold.

Here's a picture - sorry that it's off angle. Is this the 05 layout? Am I OK for the Cosworth Intake Manifold?

Thanks.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
yep it has the 05 layout.... here is an 06.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Yeppers.... you are safe to use the cossie intake manifold... look on the left side of the intake manifold on the pic I posted and then look at yours totally different...

Might I suggest not getting the intake manifold though and maybe some cams... you really aren't getting as much as you should be gaining for 700 bucks... maybe 10-12 whp on a good day???

1 - 20 of 32 Posts