Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed one of these into an 08-11? It says you need to notch it for clearance from the power steering. Just wanna know how they did it and maybe see a picture

·
Registered
761 Posts
I did but its not a cosworth its the ebay knock off I could get u some pics tomorrow
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
177 Posts
most people either switch over to the 03-05 pump or either do what you're reffering to.

I personally am contemplating switching over to the older style pump, because if I were to do what you're referring to, it would pretty much ruin the re-sale value of the intake should I ever decide to sell it.

As for the ebay knock-off, there was a debate about it a while ago, but I don't think anyone ever did a flow test to see if it was just as good as the cosworth. However to my knowledge, that one still needs to be modified to fit the 08-11 model years, and it doesn't come with an oil dipstick either, so you will have to fabricate your own.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Been thinking about getting a Cosworth IM just think I should hold off for turbo as it would be better with it

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would highly recommend that you do. You will not only need a tune but will lose lots of low-end torque with the cossie intake without a turbo. It was developed to deliver good airflow above 8000RPM without a turbo.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I would wait as Fswerks is talking on focal jet about a 2.0 version soon.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Nope It doesn't kill ur low end torque and yeah the knock off is as good as the cosworth
Posted via FF Mobile

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
it keeps your torque and spreads it out like smooth peanut butter lol.

Just have it notched. do some measurements and take it to a local fab place. I had mine done for $60, much less than the $925 FS is charging for a notched mani (225 more than a stock cossie)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Or you can get an 03-05 power steering pump, resivior and return hose for $35 from a pull it yourself salvage yard if you can find one.[:)]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do we know for certain about the effect on low end torque? I have seen on a few topics here that you will lose the low end response. Sure like the looks of the Cosworth and some more power would be great but not at the expense of low end performance for daily driving.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
This is a great mod to boosted applications. It smooths out the torque curve allowing you to run more boost on a stock bottom end. It will help reduce that initial punch on the bottom end when you get into boost. That's what beats the nuts outta the bottom end.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Do we know for certain about the effect on low end torque? I have seen on a few topics here that you will lose the low end response. Sure like the looks of the Cosworth and some more power would be great but not at the expense of low end performance for daily driving.
It doesn't reduce anything. It just doesn't increase much at the low end. Mine is stronger everywhere.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
23 Head

Has anyone installed one of these into an 08-11? It says you need to notch it for clearance from the power steering. Just wanna know how they did it and maybe see a picture
For a N/A motor=
Why not do a 23 head? I'd be doing that insteadof the manifold, or better yet do both & add a header to it, then you'd have something. Thing of your motor as a pump= air & fuel in- exhaust out= no bottle neck's!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts