Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to start my turbo build soon and will be using a vacuum block for all my references. I know there's a few guys who used the cossie IM or knock off and pulled the reference for the vacuum block from the evap fitting on the IM. Can someone post a picture of where the evap fitting is? I think it's on the front side by the throttle body but I'm not 100% sure

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
You can get the Vac from any place on the manifold you choose , I wouldnt do the wastegate to the Vac block I always do the waste gate dedicated from the manifold

Tom

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome, so I can tee off of any port?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great, btw, I will be contacting you in the next couple weeks for FI tuning. You already tuned my car for the NA mods but obviously will need FI tuning once I'm done installing everything

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you end up using a Cosworth or knock-off on your car and how did it work for you? What kind of tune did you have to do to make it work? I am playing around with an '04' ZX3 with a 2.3L and was thinking of possibly buying the knock-off (I hate myself for saying that, but it's a work car and I just want to do some fun low-buck upgrades.) It would also be nice to get rid of the IMRC's and the hose issues related to the factory intake. Thanks.

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
The knock off works very well and I can help with your tuning

There is a little clean up of the knock off but labor is easier to come by then money some times

Tom

·
Registered
2,633 Posts

Bottom is before clean up, the manifold is very rough, casting lines, the name plate doesn't sit flush and a few other errors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Tom, would I be able to contact you for tuning info at hpdyno? I think I might go with the knock-off, cleaning up the casting and smoothing it out shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts