Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Focus Zx3 2.0L. I am very interested in puting the Cosworth intake manifold on. My concern is that the Cosworth intake manifold is made specifically for the 2.3L. I am not worried about the tuning and everything due to the fact that after intstalling i will have it tuned with the other mods. But will the intake manifold bolt up to the 2.0L. Allot of help and knowledge would be greatly appreciated. I did not get allot of replies on the last one so if you could, fill me in. Thanks.
S.O.F101[???:)]

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
heres an excerpt from one of the stickies i made at the top of the duratec section that mentions read first in it:

the difference between the 2.0 and the 2.3 are small in the fact alot of the parts that can be bought and installed on the 2.0
can in fact be bought and installed on the 2.3 and vise-versa.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
It will bolt onto your engine just fine. It won't be optimal, but it will fit.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
You won't get the same power gains.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
He means, that the intake is made for the 2.3, so it will not perform as well on a 2.0.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know that part, im saying that if I was to install the intake then go get the car dynoed and tuned will it have more power or whats the deal with that. Will I gain anything from it? Also will I have to make any mods to any other components on the motor to get the intake manifold to fit???

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The intake will bolt right up and the only thing I know of that you might have to move it the power steering resevior. Thats only if it is above your pump in the front. You will need at least a CAI and a tune to get it to run decent. I would recommend CAI, Exhaust, Header, possibly cams and a tune before you get the IM. On the 2.0 its not really worth it to install just the IM and a tune.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok. I have a cat back right now and im planning on F-2 headers, crower cams, supertech pistons, F-2 Rods, new CAI, ported throttle body, flywheel, and a stage 2 clutch. I will also be putting my nitrous back on the car. Then get the tune after all of this??????????? How does this setup sound?????? How much power would you bet on?????

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I would say with all that, with high comp pistons and the IM your looking at close to 190. Then with the nitrous just add the size shot to 190. Just remember your tq will not raise close to your hp. Also if your doing that much work I would recommend a 2.3 head with some head work and dont forget to upgrade the vavle springs if you plan on taking it higher than 7000 rpm.

·
Registered
584 Posts
he's got an 05 so the power steering reservoir won't be in the way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok. Thanks. Really appreciate it!!!! I have already ran the nitrous through the motor i have now. I was running a 75 shot and loved it. No problems what so ever. Used it quite a bit. I figured if i upgrade the internals and push a little more power NA, then i could up the shot about 25 HP more and get a good almost 300HP out of the focus. I could live with that. Again I appreciate it. Any other comments anybody else wants to throw in???????

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Yeah with all of those mods you should be ok to 300hp. Just watch out with the 75 shot the internals arent really made to take that kind of hit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have had the 75HP shot for about a year and a half and my motor runs just fine. So with stage 2 cams, pistons, rods, flywheel, header, cat-back, Cosi IM, Spec stage-2 clutch, and a good dyno run and tune im thinking i could go 75-100 and be in the clear. Just need to monitor everything closely. Would suspension upgrade (KYB struts and shocks) be a good idea, just so it grabs better??? I think with the motor opening up like that you would need a better suspension to hold with the nitrous. Atleast at the track. Ohhh, also with tuning would i be able to get like, 26# injectors and tune them with the NA motor??? Would that work??? Fill me in on some injector information please. Not really too familiar with all of that. Thanks again!!!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
you will definitely need larger injectors and a MAFia

chill out with the excessive punctuation

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MAFia? Mass Air Flow somthin somthin? Also for pistons, if i wanted to just take stock out and swap for the aftermarket supertech pistons, what compression ratio size should i go with? Better yet, what compression ratio is my 2.0L Dura?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
again you can look things like that up, but the 2.0 is 10:1

MAFia is an adjustable computer cheater to help with when your MAF sensor is maxed out.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts