Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a big custom job in my car. I was wondering what other poeple are doing to there cars. The focus is the perfect car to do that with, there are so many options you can go with. if any of you care I will tell you about mine, just don't steal it.[mad]
But let me know if anyone is doing anything it would be cool to compare progress and ideas.[thumb]

·
Registered
14 Posts

How do they look to everyone? let me know. And this one is one that I did in my car, but there is no glass involved. whaddya think?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks pritty cool man. I like what you did with the sixth one down, it looks really smooth. So thats a custom box? Really nice. I fav is the JL audio pics all you need is some really cool custom grills to protect those nice speakers. Thanks for the replay too!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah that smooth box in the trunk is about 6 hours worth of bondoing and smoothing and painting. What a PITA that was!!!!! but it ended up looking really good. And yes, that is a custom box that I built my self. That was my first attempt at fiberglassing. I think that it turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where in washinton are you from? I am in federal way about 20 mins south of seattle.
Anyway, I will try and get pics of my first box, it looks kind of like the one with the sony in it but it doesn't stick out as far.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In that one pic with the sub facing down is that an audiobahn aluminum sub? If so how do those sound I hear great things from them but I never heard them on person.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is what I did with my ZX3, fiberglass tub in spare tire well, MDF baffle. Houses 10" sub, amp and cap. Made the grilles at work, CNC punch press. The one with "focus" on it isn't finished in the pictures, have to re-mount the center of the "o" and file out the corners to sharpen them up. The grilles will get powder coated to match the interior... eventually. I am also working on fiberglass enclosures for 6.5" components up front in the doors. All of the glass work is done, I just layed the 1st layer of bondo for finishing today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts