Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using the Costco rebate of $1000 on any 12' Focus? I want to know if I could get that with an SEL sedan.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I was told it wasnt available on the focus

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you read the fine print, the Focus is not eligible. I know, cause I tried......[rant]

Offer only valid from April 1, 2011 to June 30, 2011 (the “Offer Period”) to resident Canadians with a Canadian Costco membership on or before March 31, 2011. Use this $1,000CDN Costco member offer towards the purchase or lease of a new 2011/2012 Ford/Lincoln vehicle (excluding Fiesta, Focus, Ranger, Raptor, GT500, Mustang Boss 302 & Medium Truck) (each an “Eligible Vehicle”). The new vehicle must be delivered and/or factory-ordered from your participating Ford/Lincoln dealer within the Offer Period. Offer is only valid at participating dealers, is subject to vehicle availability, and may be cancelled or changed at any time without notice. Only one (1) offer may be applied towards the purchase or lease of one (1) Eligible Vehicle, up to a maximum of two (2) separate Eligible Vehicle sales per Costco Membership Number. Offer is transferable to persons domiciled with an eligible Costco member. This offer can be used in conjunction with most retail consumer offers made available by Ford Motor Company of Canada at either the time of factory order (if ordered within the Offer Period) or delivery, but not both. Offer is not combinable with any CPA/GPC or Daily Rental incentives, the Commercial Upfit Program or the Commercial Fleet Incentive Program (CFIP). Applicable taxes calculated before $1,000CDN offer is deducted. Dealer may sell or lease for less. Limited time offer, see dealer for details or call the Ford Customer Relationship Centre at 1-800-565-3673. ©2011 Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited. All rights reserved.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Buy before the end of the month for A-plan pricing and a $1000 delivery allowance (which me and my dealer guessed is what the Costco rebate isn't allowed on the 2012 Focus, not all cars get the delivery allowance).

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buy before the end of the month for A-plan pricing and a $1000 delivery allowance (which me and my dealer guessed is what the Costco rebate isn't allowed on the 2012 Focus, not all cars get the delivery allowance).
I would really love to however I cannot afford to purchase my car until November. [:(] If I can't get a good price around that time, I'm going to have to wait for the next employee pricing event.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Costco pricing is good, but X-plan ends up being better in the end. The difference is that X-plan limits the extra fees the dealer tacks on in the end, a couple hundred at most. IMO the biggest difference is that every dealer takes X-plan but only a few take Costco, so you may get stuck with a bad dealer.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Costco pricing is good, but X-plan ends up being better in the end. The difference is that X-plan limits the extra fees the dealer tacks on in the end, a couple hundred at most. IMO the biggest difference is that every dealer takes X-plan but only a few take Costco, so you may get stuck with a bad dealer.
I have seen X-Plan floating around, what exactly is X-Plan? Who is eligible? Is that the same as employee pricing or is X-Plan available all year?

Thanks for any info!

·
Banned
363 Posts
I have seen X-Plan floating around, what exactly is X-Plan? Who is eligible? Is that the same as employee pricing or is X-Plan available all year?

Thanks for any info!

Join the Experimental Aircraft Association (eaa.org) for 40$ and after 30days you can generate an xplan pin for yourself through the member services area of their website. Actually you don't really have to wait the 30days to do it but some dealers may require your EAA membership card in addition to the x-plan pin # and it takes about that long to get you membership package.

Once you join online you can immediatley access the fordpartner.com website through eaa member services and build and price the vehicle. The price you see there is what you will pay at the dealer. Then any incentives are also taken off. They cannot charge extra fees, etc.

Eaa is a good organization that supports aviation enthusiasts and the amount you can save on the x-plan makes the 40$ a worthwhile investment. Once generated PINS are good for one year.

·
Registered
548 Posts
X-plan, A-plan... seems to be an American thing. I haven't seen any of them mention employee pricing, so that might be our equivalent.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Join the Experimental Aircraft Association (eaa.org) for 40$ and after 30days you can generate an xplan pin for yourself through the member services area of their website. Actually you don't really have to wait the 30days to do it but some dealers may require your EAA membership card in addition to the x-plan pin # and it takes about that long to get you membership package.

Once you join online you can immediatley access the fordpartner.com website through eaa member services and build and price the vehicle. The price you see there is what you will pay at the dealer. Then any incentives are also taken off. They cannot charge extra fees, etc.

Eaa is a good organization that supports aviation enthusiasts and the amount you can save on the x-plan makes the 40$ a worthwhile investment. Once generated PINS are good for one year.
Thank you for the tip! It helps that I am a huge aviation buff (mostly commercial airliners) too haha. Do you know if the same works with Canadian dealers?

·
Banned
363 Posts
Thank you for the tip! It helps that I am a huge aviation buff (mostly commercial airliners) too haha. Do you know if the same works with Canadian dealers?
I just went to the members area on my eaa account and yes, there is the option to generate a pin number for Canadian members. It is a separate link from the US website.

First thing to do would be to call you preferred dealer and ask if they will accept an x-plan pin.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just went to the members area on my eaa account and yes, there is the option to generate a pin number for Canadian members. It is a separate link from the US website.

First thing to do would be to call you preferred dealer and ask if they will accept an x-plan pin.
Thanks for your help, I will do so!

Out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, did you use X-Plan with your focus purchase?

·
Registered
35 Posts
You better check with the dealer....I believe you must be a member of EAA for one calendar year before you are eligible for their X-Plan eligibility. I might be wrong....but I believe that was the case awhile back.

·
Banned
363 Posts
You better check with the dealer....I believe you must be a member of EAA for one calendar year before you are eligible for their X-Plan eligibility. I might be wrong....but I believe that was the case awhile back.
30 days. It's all in the EAA membership package and on Fordpartner.com when you generate your pin.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Has anyone tried using the Costco rebate of $1000 on any 12' Focus? I want to know if I could get that with an SEL sedan.
As someone mentioned already when they copied the fine print....This deal ended back in June. You can't even get the Costco rebate on any vehicles from Ford right now. Although I believe that Lincoln is still running the special

Although the advertisements say employee pricing, it is not the same as A-plan pricing. There is a little more money taken off (as well as dealer fees) when using A-plan pricing

X-plan, A-plan... seems to be an American thing. I haven't seen any of them mention employee pricing, so that might be our equivalent.
Yes, in Canada we also have A-plan, X-plan, Z-plan. Talk to your dealer and he will know exactly what you are talking about.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts