Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tom,

How much (ballpark is fine) does it cost for a built 2.3 from you? Long block?

And, if you have an idea, how hard is it to swap a 2.0 with a 2.3? I suspect it is harder than it seems and the computer will probably freak and stuff.

I am dying from the lack of torque in my 2.0 and since the higher displacement engines are no longer an option, I had hoped to at least be able to bump up to 2.3 liters.

I know you are busy so thanks for any help.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because I don't know how they really behave in a daily driver situation.

Sure, some kid might just love how a turbo functions whilst he constantly winds his engine to seven grand before every shift, but for a smooth running, dependable, power where and when you need it type car, do you really think sticking a turbo on it is a good idea?

·
FF Affiliate
30,964 Posts
I dont have any issues with mine and most of my turbo customers dont either , I own other turbo cars one that is a 86 with 135,000 miles that came factory with a turbo (86 SVO) that was upgraded performance wise at 43,000 miles and she is still going strong

Tom

·
Registered
63 Posts
i was thinking of getting the old 2.0 up to 2.3, but i have a JR m45 with a 2.5inch pully(6.8psi) and preditor tune and want to add like 100 - 150 shot NOS. can the stroked 2.0 handle that much and for how long(im hard on engines)?and will a built 2.3 handle it?

·
FF Affiliate
30,964 Posts
With all the billet crank and billet rods that make up the 2.3 they will more than take 700+HP

You better have some gooooood tuning with a 150 shot and the jrsc

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts