Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Installed the cossie IM on my 07 2.0 yesterday, all is well except I have P2004 and P2008 for CEL codes. Both are because I deleted the motor that works the tumble flaps in the stock Intake mani. Is there a way to turn those sensors off with a tune? As of right now those wires are just ziptied out of the way

Thanks

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great to hear! Thanks

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
can someone show me where the motor is that runs those and maybe a pic of the module themselves? thanks

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres the best I have from my install. Its behind the throttle body and controls the tumble flaps on a 2.0:

Theres a vac line leading to it and a sensor that plugs into it. the vac line goes to some other sensor on the IM. Your 2.3 has this and something for the variable runners right?

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it may have been white when new? def a yellowed/ tan color now. thats the part that hooks onto the rod that all of the tumble flaps are on

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
okay cool, I found it, I can move it and I can air being pushed through one of the hoses in the front of the intake manifold. I have a p2004 CEL on. There doesnt seem to be any leaks of any sort, you by any chance might know why it would come on? Bad sensor maybe?

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could see it being a sensor as long as there isnt a vac leak. mine worked fine until now so I havent had to troubleshoot them, and i dont even know the diff between p2004 and p2008 lol. Tom was able to shut these off for me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts