Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone swapped their engines with the 2.0 or 2.3 cossie duratech engines. the ones you can find on focus sport? if so have there been any issues besides the $13,000 price tag...

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i hope for that money that if you had an issue you had someone you can call and cosworth would fly them to your front door with a helicopter to make the repairs at any time or day.

but in essense, they are full race motors... they come with an Alt relocation kit, which eliminates the a/c compressor and powersteering pump... and im sure they run on 93oct or above, and knowning cosworth, im sure the cams have bigger bumps than the crank does.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. it would be way more sensible to build a ST 2.3 engine and swap it in. i was just hoping someone went all out.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
for 13k no way, to pricey, sure its a cossie, but we drive foci, and to spend more on a motor then the car is worth is not a resonable choice, if i wont the lotto i def would tho, mmmmm 10krpm revvings FTW!

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
cosworth built those engines more for a kit car, like the Lotus 7 Replica kit car... not specifically the focus.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I would throw that into my car in a heartbeat.....if someone else paid for it. For 13k, you could do a ridiculous amount to your car

Side note: 1000 posts!

·
Registered
238 Posts
13,000 could get you so much more power for the money if you spent it elsewhere. You could build a nice FI setup for that much....and build it right.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I dont care how much it is I still want it.!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yeah, those are some pretty engines, but by god man. You can put down SO much more than 250 HP with a good F/I setup on a 2.0 for around -half- of thirteen grand.

·
Banned
263 Posts
horsepower isn't everything^^ but yea 13g's they can keep it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts