Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i know this question has been asked a million times but i cant find a threads about it and im lazy. i read that the intake manifold for the 2.3 FITS the 2.0 but my question is does it have any gains? Does it work well with the d20 or is it more of a show thing? just wondering cuz i think some stg 1 cams and that intake manifold would be a great investment to go along with my other mods

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
stg 2 cams and a biger exhaust

·
Registered
768 Posts
yeah Im sure the manifold has some gains too it, aero_student is right you should have gone with a 2.5 exhaust and get stg.2 not 1.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont know if my exhaust is the 2.25 or 2.5 i cant remember. i want the cossie intake manifold, cams, and the RS wide body kit and my baby will be 100% complete.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry bout this, i'm not trying to jack your thread..but aero_student...whats that tumble flap delete mod you're talking about? Because I noticed when you have teh hood open and you open the throttle a little..theres an arm in there that moves and I was wondering what that was...

also my teacher at Auto school told me we have Variable Valve timing? I dunno..anyways.. sorry..

I have 2.5...Noticed a pretty nice diff in tone and performance...that and my intake...I love it..my car is not too bad...but I dunno, I'd go with it..I've heard it is a good investment if you have the TB to go along with it..because if you remember this mantra then you will be set for life.. "the more air you can put in, and the more you can get out, the better off you'll be." that's what I was told and tought.

·
Registered
859 Posts
True - But also be aware the stock TB been reported to NOT limit airflow until you are in the 220WHP range! If it's HP you are after there are a lot of mods to invest in before an aftermarket TB will do you much good.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love my TB cuz the throttle respones is great. i mean it may give you 1-2 hp but . its a good envesment if you plan on modding with a tubro or a intake manifold. but with a good tune your car will come alive so i would go that route next IMO

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
NIR Panther Jedi said:
Sorry bout this, i'm not trying to jack your thread..but aero_student...whats that tumble flap delete mod you're talking about? Because I noticed when you have teh hood open and you open the throttle a little..theres an arm in there that moves and I was wondering what that was...

also my teacher at Auto school told me we have Variable Valve timing? I dunno..anyways.. sorry..

I have 2.5...Noticed a pretty nice diff in tone and performance...that and my intake...I love it..my car is not too bad...but I dunno, I'd go with it..I've heard it is a good investment if you have the TB to go along with it..because if you remember this mantra then you will be set for life.. "the more air you can put in, and the more you can get out, the better off you'll be." that's what I was told and tought.

i think the tumble flaps are in the intake manifold. they help make the car easier to tune and for more reasons i have no idea. i know that marcy was dont know if he still is in the process of making a intake manifold that has the option of using the stock tumbler flaps to make it a "legal" intake manifold. dont quote me because i am no expert, and i am serious when i say i am no expert.

and your teacher was wrong the mazda duratecs are the ones that have the vvt.

and yeah 2.5" is the way to go. mix that with an intake, tb, headers, stg 1 cams, and a tune and you are set with a nice small daily driver set up.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
NIR Panther Jedi said:

We removed the tumble flaps from the intake manifold, it's something you MUST tune for.

You do NOT have vvt, the mazda 3 does.

the TB is pretty worthless imho, I have one and don't really like it. It doesn't let any more air in and doesn't make any more power.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hmmm.. LOL..Well thanks for the input..and like I said, sorry for tryin to jack your post.

Now I can yell at my teacher!! muwhahaahah!!!! I knew I was a little smarter than the teacher about the Focus :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts