Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got en e-mail back from Cosmo Racing. I told them their intakes don't work for the Focus SPI. Two other members on my local Focus forum have told me theirs didn't work either. I need whoever has tried using these to post here. They want a link to FocusFanatics to show them that their customers are complaining.

I told them i beleive the MAFS adapter was too high and/or crooked. I think both of these are the problems.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I am currently looking at getting a Cosmo CAI for my focus SPI ... they haven't e-mailed me back yet about a question I had, but I will wait now until I can make sure it fits I guess ... sad : ( I was so excited!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not a fitment issue. It's a, the car doesn't run issue. Like i said, the Mass Air Flow Sensor adapter is too high and/or crooked.

Please, no one ever buy any cosmo racing parts.

"paul" runs the tech AND sales. He's a god damn [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g moron. He actually gavew me 5 customers e-mail addresses to e-mail them and check with them if they have problems.

------------------------------------------

I don't really understand what you mean. I will send you some photos
lately
after got contact with other salesman since all the photos are in his
systems. Also I roughly checked we sold 30 sets in April so far maybe you
like to have the emails info you can email to them directly to check the
fitting and performance? You need the SPI models right? I find some
customers info with SPI if you like.

------------------------------------------

(emails listed here)

Hope you can get the answer you are looking for. The emails addresses are in
confidential as we respect our customers' privacy. Please not use for other
business practices.

Paul
------------------------
COSMO Racing
www.cosmoracing.com

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's something funny.....

> By the way, I just called our tech dept to check about the fitting issue.
> Noticed that we had the intake with problem that was in year 2004 when the
> first production with the piping diameter too big. We have successfully
> corrected and fixed the problem. We also did a recall for the return and
> exchange for the defect intakes. Hope it helps to clear your mind and can
> make you more happier.
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul
> ------------------------
> COSMO Racing
> www.cosmoracing.com

He "called" the tech department....but when i e-mailed the tech department, he answered the e-mail. I also never said ANYTHING about fitment issue, i told him it's a, the car is not running, problem. what a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g joke.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It does not appear that english is his first language......

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah, i went off on him about that, and asked for someone that spoke english, or his manager. He said it's his third language, and that he IS the manager/boss.

I sent him a link to this thread, he's been asking more questions, like he's really trying to figure this out. I don't even want a new intake, i simply want to know what's wrong with them so everyone knows. I can cut the MAFS adapter off and re-weld it, or shorten it up.

He said the earlier production models were too large of a diameter, and now they're fixed...i don't know wether to beleive that or not.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

If the intake piping is in 3" opening then it will not work on your model.
For the SPI it needs to use 2.75" opening intake; or you need to use the
stock air mass meter and its stock housing and in this case the fitting on
the pipe must be blocked or cut off then you connect the air mass meter
after it. Hope it helps!

Paul
------------------------
COSMO Racing
www.cosmoracing.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's BS. Alot of people have 3" intakes, with the reducer coupler for the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Sounds like Bomz, Type-R and Cosmo racing are all related. Scam parts off of ebay. It's just sad to see people getting screwed, especially you SPI guys since I know its hard to find parts for SPI....

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The thing is, Cosmos not on eBay. That's why i bought it. I figured, it's not on ebay, has the MAFS adapter...all should be good. WRONG

Another thing...the breather tube, is after the MAFS. You'd think that would throw a check engine light because the intake is "leaking" after the MAFS. I really don't understand how they can sell these things, even the newer "2.75"" version has the breather tube after the MAFS. [dunno]

·
Registered
461 Posts
hmm ... so bottom line, does this or does it not work? if I can mod it somehow I might still opt to get one ... It doesn't make sense that they would sell a part and claim it fits when it doesn't. I was only looking to buy it because it was not an 'ebay special' as well .. I am going to do a little more research, and investigate the return policy and check some other brands before I buy. Does anyone know any other brands for an SPI in the same price area? - Ryan

·
Registered
461 Posts
oh by the way, I forgot to mention ... I did notice there are NO pictures of foci with these intakes on their pictures site ... also kind of a joke of a privacy policy, maybe they're basing tech support out of the country?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bottom line is, i wouldn't buy cosmo racing products, period.

Tech support out of country? Absolutely, seeing as you can click on "French" on the website for language.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts