Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty simple, I just want to see what I can do for my STs Interior and Exterior. Anyone got info on the Street appearence package? How much? How hard to put on, etc?

I also want to put new pedals on 'er. Any clue if the SVT pedals fit?

·
Registered
759 Posts
The SAP is unreasonably priced for what your getting. one or two weeks ago Roush Direct was doing their entire kit for 500 on ebay... check that out. Or F2's Euro kit. Or 3d Carbons kit (prototype). Or do what massive did (SVT front bumper SAP rear).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like the SAP Front bumper, I was looking at Roush stuff, didn't see much for the ZX4 aside from some better looking pedals.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
the SVT pedals will fit. Duffman has them on his car, and I love em.

The SAP kit is about $1295, and can be ordered with the SES spoiler, or the boy-racer spoiler.

I have the SAP on my car, and I love it.

As for interior, the ST already has a jazzed up trim pack, but you can always paint interior peices, get gauge faces, add a new stereo, chang the gauge/button lighting color, get new seats, new shift knob, new floormats.

Exterior is limited to the Roush kit, the F2 kits, the SAP kit, the Steeda kit, and the Saleen kit. You can also get Silverstar bulbs, or do a full HID conversion.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking the Front SAP front bumper only in black, I plan on doing a really neat two tone look from the moldings down(some ass scraped up my car at my apartment) around the wheel wells and the bumpers. I think I'll stick with the stock spoiler I have. Thanks for the info, feel free to give me more ideas or opinions.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
the stock spoiler, (SES spoiler, the smaller one) is part of the SAP package. OR it can be specified with the larger wing.

If you're gonna just get the SAP front bumper, you might as well splurge on the kit, as just the bumper is $800.

As for two-tone, I think it would look sick, but you need to post up a side profile pic of your car, and a front pic. That way, we can have some members her photoshop it for ya, give you some ideas.

For my two-tone idea. I'd do the bumpers, the fender flares, the side skirts, all in the 2nd color. or maybe, you could go all the way up to the moldings as you said, I just dont know how clean it would look.

One key thing, if you're gonna do a red/black tu-tone, use red as the bottom color. This way, it will break up the monotony of having an all black bottom, like, the wheel wells and tires will be lost in the black paint, as will the vents on the SAP kit front bumper. Also, having black at the bottom, it will show up all the dirt from driving around in rain, or on dirt roads. I'd presonally suggest, doing a red lower, with black upper, and get some dark tint and black wheels. I'll see if I can get a pic of my car photoshopped to give you an idea.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I like the SAP kit cuz I ordered it from the factory so the fit and finish and paint is prefect and matches the rest of my car. I really wouldn't want to buy the SAP kit aftermarket cuz it costs a lot of money. CHeck my gallery for pics of the SAP kit with teh "boy racer spoiler". PErsonally, I really wouldn't go two tone, but its your car so do whatever you gotta do though.I was kinda thinking of getting some SVT side skirts personally for my car.

Inside, our dashboard sucks the big one cuz it is uber plain. The older FOci models had a more exciting dash board. Unfortunantly, I don't think you can replace an entire dash board. SO insdie, you are left with led lights maybe, painting certain accents, seats, whatever. I did the SVT pedals which are much nicer than stock, so if you do those, make sure you have a pivoting ratched head and a couple extensions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, my think for the black on the bottom of the two tone is some a**hole in Baltimore scratched the moldings and below on the left side. My dad works for Honda, and has a good connection with an awesome body shop. Does the SAP come with sideskirts? Or is it just front and back bumbers and what not?

And my idea for the 2 tone also includes around the fendars, around the bumbers(except those little rectagular peices, I'd keep them red for some contrast, I'll see if I can try to Photoshop it(hopefully I'll do an ok job). Anyone else feel like photoshopping it up feel free, I've got pics in my gallery.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here's what I'm looking to do, this is my 1st photo shop job ever......so yeah.....did I mention I'm artistically retarded? I was thinking I'd be cool like the old Dodges use to do and put Duratec On the sides like they use to do Hemi.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
it might look better if the whole hood was black. I kinda like it. and do the roof panel in black, also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't do the entire hood because I want it to go with the lines of the car, and dare some accuse me of being too cheap for a carbon fiber hood(which I am). I eventually will do the roof, also part of the spoiler, I'm gunna take a pic and photoshop my idea of the spoiler for you guys too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At one point I wanted to do a really neat black and red swirl like Carnage from Spider-Man.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, Ghost Rider IS BA, but I like Carnage more, or War Machine, but not a black car, I don't wanna do an entire paint job., just little by little I suppose, if what I want to do is considered little.

Figures, the guy who joins the ST crew before me is a comic guy who listens to Mastadon too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I reposted some of my Photoshop pics.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Actually, I was quoting Top Gun(but I used to collect comics, yes). I meant, keep it clean and simple. Add tint, maybe debadge it, lower it and add some nice gunmetal rims with a polished lip. That's just my opinion, though, do whatever you're going to like - don't take advice from us. [:)]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh......heh......guess my nerd was showing.

Anyway, I'm particular to the badges, I'm not into the shaved look. I always appreciate the input. Somethings I like, somethings I don't. Either way, I like suggestions.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I highly dislike the hood treatment you have in mind.I'd just do the cneter part all black, but its your ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Eh, I'm just playing around at this point. My girlfriend suggested something new, now that I know she's wrong I'll fill it in later.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
bah, just take all the money you were gonna throw into paint and or body work and superchage it. [thumb]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts