Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm not sure what to start doing next. The appearance of the car, or the performance. I already have a drop in filter with snorkel delete, e-rmm, rokblokz mud flaps and a fswerks rear stress bar.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
if you want to hear it, do exhaust. FS Werks ftw. Thats about $500, you'd have enough for a full cold air intake as well.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
How/where do you drive? I added an FSwerks intake and exhaust on my 04 and neither one helped me sitting in traffic everyday. So on the new one I will go cosmetic. Just depends on your situation.

I will add that the FSwerks exhaust sounds great.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I would say do a Tune and a rear sway bar! best mods you can do that you havent already.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Performance all the way. Function over form. Get yourself a tune.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Lower it & a tune,,,,,

·
Registered
174 Posts
Unless you live in Germany with an autobarn, or you are building a race car. Then performance is worthless, unless you are looking for a little extra for overtaking.. The fact is, we drive on roads dictated by speeds that are governed.. I for the life of me could never understand why people would buy a 4 cylinder vehicle to then try and turn it into a rocket ship, to only be held back by engine size and set speed zones? A tune up is fine, and some work on the exhaust for cosmetic sound, is fine. But you are better off with just working on the cosmetic of the car.. Have a nice ride that looks good... Save your money...

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I agree for the most part. i consider suspension to be a performance mod and for me i think that is the best thing you can do for a daily driver. You are right when saying we can't really go fast anyway so why make these cars rocketships but we can take them up into the windy roads and throw them around a bit so handling is a good thing. Rear sway bar will give you a big improvement for cheap. i suggested the Tune just cause it makes the car drive better. I agree with you though, speed mods are pointless on a daily driver. make it look good and make it handle good.

·
Registered
174 Posts
With you 100%.. Before I got my wife her hatch. I had a Falcon XR6. (She drove my Focus sedan at that time)... It had plenty, but cost way too much to run for my budget.. My first car as a teenager was a Falcon XA Hardtop v8.. So I have had my fair share of big blocks.. Now, I just seek affordability, rideability, and comfort..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts