Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm a newb to this forum but not a newb. =) Anyhow...First I wanted to say hello and thanks! This site has loads of great info!
2nd....
I've been blessed with this car thanks to my X wife. I decided on toying with it a bit. I like the Cosworth stuff. But I'm also a boost junky!
I'm trying to keep my budget around 2500-3500 so price really isnt an issue.
My question for ya'll is....
which would you get? Cos 1 and 2...or the turbo kit made by (I forgot) that I saw on this site. 8psi stage 1 and 11psi stage 2 w/ FMIC.
and WHY? And if anybody has either of these I'd love to hear how you like what you have!
Thanks!
Joe
aka Tenormdnes 2005 ZX3 2.0L .....bone friggin stock

·
Registered
424 Posts
Since you've got the 2.0 go boost. If you had the 2.3 I'd say Cossie without flinching, but with the 2.0 boost is your friend.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
why is it better to go NA than turbo on the 2.3
Because IIRC, the internals are somewhat weak on the 2.3. I've heard they can't handle much over like 8-10psi. Me perosonally, I'd go N/A with Cosworth, I prefer N/A power but without building the SVT engine, I couldn't get the power goal I wanted (200+whp).

·
Registered
424 Posts
It's hard to say that one is better than the other, they're both very cool.

IMHO, All-Motor power is way cooler than FI power in this case.

For a daily driven Focus, 200HP will be MORE than enough to have a lot of fun and making it all-motor with Cosworth parts is awesome. PLUS I think that a 2.3 with all the Cossie goodies would sound AWESOME.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
im partial to NA cuz i dont want to deal with a turbo, as nice as they are and i do want one, but i wanna keep it NA, plus i autoX so basic bolt ons keep me in STS rather then the high classes w the scoobies n such

·
Registered
428 Posts
Turbo, all the way! Focus Sport has a kit for about $3,200. Plus you can turn the boost way down for better fuel mileage when you aren't racing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts