Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..

It was deleted previously in my tuning software.

That´s the best way to delete it physicaly? or maybe vented purge fuel side?

EVAP Removed

IM

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When the solenoid is unactivated the flow is blocked (current condition because it was deleted in software).
When it´s activated, the fuel gases passes through the IM, that´s the reason because it is blocked, but i´m not completely sure..

Why you say it should be vented?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
No seas puto y sigue las instrucciones guey...hahahaja just kidding buddy, needs to be vented so that the tank does not pressurize by heat, movement or filling up, at least that is what I understood when doing mine, left a baby filter there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Calmado mi mala faka. Jaja, muchas veces aqui cada quien escribe lo que le dijeron que hiciera y no necesariamente lo correcto, por eso es un foro para ver que nos sirve y que no funciona.En el caso de tom 100% confiable.
Good advice about the filter, maybe i can put a hose to another place less visible and safe

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would imagine that your evap vent valve is also turned off in the tune. This will allow the tank to be vented all the time, so yes you can block the purge valve line and the tank will still be vented.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Revive old thread, sorry.

So if you remove the EVAP canister entirely and the EVAP canister vent solenoid you can then connect the hose from tank to go to the hose the EVAP vent solenoid connected to. This would keep the tank vented to avoid pressurization and stay in the normally open position the solenoid is usually in. and then have the EVAP system disabled in my SCT tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts