Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Father has a 2001 ZX3 with 195/60 15 all-season tires on it.
For the Winter, he wants to install 205/50/16's snows that have been lying around from a previous car...

To that end, he needs to buy a second set of rims - aluminium, but for the life of me, we cannot find out what offset or bolt pattern we should look for!

I do know we are looking at something like 16x6.5 or so (don't want to go smaller than 6" width).

I've called two local Ford dealers - one Parts guy - he sent to me to Ford Of Canada Customer Service who couldn't answer the questions, who then promptly sent to to another Ford Dealer - Service guys this time, who, again, couldn't answer the questions, and sent to me to a tire shop that they tend to use...

Proverbial run around...;(

The Ford aluminium 16 rims cost about CD$260 each, plus 15% taxes ;((((((...

I want to see if I can find someone cheaper up here (no Tire Rack - too expensive if taxes, shipping, tarrifs, and conversion taken into account), but must make sure they're correct size.

So, anyone know what the correct offset, and bolt pattern is for the 16" wheels on a 2001 ZX3???

Also, are Ronal still soft-as-butter?
Any suggestions?

Thanks...

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm no expert on these things, but I'm expecting my new shoes to arrive today. When I spoke with the people from SPEEDANDSTYLE.com.......they sold me on this, 17x7 Rev model 1's (hyperblack) bolt pattern 4x108 with a 42mm offset. I will assume theyre gonna fit, but I'll let you know when i actually get em. hope that helps some. Peace

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
4x108 is the correct bolt pattern and 42mm offset is the correct offset. My first question though is why would you go with a wider tire for a winter tire. Narrower tires are the better tires for winter weather, they have a smaller tread width which helps to push through the snow. This from experience in Maine. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BIGBADWORM said:
I'm no expert on these things, but I'm expecting my new shoes to arrive today. When I spoke with the people from SPEEDANDSTYLE.com.......they sold me on this, 17x7 Rev model 1's (hyperblack) bolt pattern 4x108 with a 42mm offset. I will assume theyre gonna fit, but I'll let you know when i actually get em. hope that helps some. Peace

Hmmmmm....17" may be that - even thought the offset seems a bit large...

*...Ford Focus 2000-Up, 4x107.95, Offset:35...* as per

http://www.btpautoparts.com/wheelapplication.html - dunno if this is for 15" or 16", though, and have no idea if that ifno is correct.

I'm looking for 16" - I think the offset shouldn't change whether you use 15", 16" or 17", unless you deliberatly want to, such as to accomodate bigger calipers...but could be wrong.

Damn! Why doesn't Ford print out technical info?

They DO sell the 16" wheels, but nobody seems to know what the offset or bolt pattern of them is!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RPIJG said:
4x108 is the correct bolt pattern and 42mm offset is the correct offset. My first question though is why would you go with a wider tire for a winter tire. Narrower tires are the better tires for winter weather, they have a smaller tread width which helps to push through the snow. This from experience in Maine. Good luck.
Thanks for the info.

We're going to larger tires simply because they're already there - only have about 2000 kms on them at most - and are great for ice, and snow (Pirelli 210 something or rather - I forgot).

Yeah, the narrower the tire, the better - no doubt, but these were excellent as-is on the Integra that I had.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The increase in offset offsets the changes in width of the tire and rim. You should be able to find aftermarket wheels around ~$85-$100+ US each, check your local wheel shops or Canadian wheel websites

BIGBADWORM, thats the same size and offset rim I had on my 03 ZX3, what tire size you using? With a 1.5 drop my 215-45-17s rubbed on highway speed bumps and hard cornering, but not badly. At stock height no probs.

·
Registered
604 Posts
RPIJG said:
4x108 is the correct bolt pattern and 42mm offset is the correct offset.
Ford P/N 3S411007AB for OEM 16" Focus wheels, is apparently 52.5mm offset. Which offset is correct - and is the SVT offset different from the non-SVT offset, and did it change from year to year ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts