Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hood/grille/bumper/latch were basically destroyed in a recent accident. So far I've been just dealing with it, but it's getting old to have to use a strap to keep my hood down. The part that the hood latches to is broken as well, so it the metal part behind that. I'm not too sure what that part is called. I hear it might be called a radiator core support? Can anyone verify? I THINK what I need is in this picture. The part that comes out in the center that looks like a nipple is broken too, so there is nothing for me to hook my hood release to...

FYI I stole this pic from someone here... :) Keeping it in the family.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Upper radiator support bracket.

I got a new aftermarket one from eBay for $53 with free shipping. Killer deal! PM me for the seller information.

Watch for miscellaneous damage to your hood catch too. Mine had a bent support bracket, which was no big deal. But it also had a broken release cable ferrule, which sort of was a big deal.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the release mecahnism is blasted too :( Very upsetting!

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you get a replacement, know that the electrical connection (which I guess must be for an open hood warning or something?) on the '03 is slightly different than on cars from previous years - I had to knock some tabs off mine for it to fit the one on a catch assembly I pulled from an '02 junker.

Once I'd done that, friction and the one fastener holding that part of the loom to the rad support bracket seem to be enough to keep it in place. But if I'd known when I was pulling it, I might have opted to get a small length of the loom from the '02 with the proper connector on it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know mwalsh, thanks bro. You have PM.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i got a used one for like 10 bucks from a guy that was parting out a focus. it even came with a new hood latch...i thought the sensor thing thats there was for the air bags though?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just found one on ebay for $55 after shipping...not too bad. Anyone got one here in Columbus Ohio?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Great, but your posting on a almost 10 yr old thread.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts