Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So I have a question, I have a 05 ZX4 that I fell for right? And I live in SoCal's Inland Empire, pretty much desert, and it gets pretty hot, especially during the summer sometimes over 110°f or more. The car runs really good at about 160°f - 180°f. Anyways, I have the Scantool MX+ and it lets you write camands, create User Set Pids, and mess with some of the factory Pids. Now, here is my question. Can I input a boot command, or write a PID, adjust a PID to kick the fan on early?? Also, if I put a 160° thermostat into it, do I have to adjust the computer manually or will the ecu adjust it self?? I am very aware of how thermostats work have grown up in a family that loves to go fast. I have also done research on these stupid 1 piece thermos and housing and know I'm gonna make this work without spending an arm and leg to get one from Summit! And, yes I do plan on getting a external oil cooler and putting a scoop on the hood to help relieve under hood temps just don't have the cash for all that right now, as I'm just getting my mechanic business going again after years of replacing tools that got stolen. Probably just put some speed holes in the hood for now seeing how it won't rain for shit out here too December! Lol Any info you that doesn't include what I already know, if helpful!! Thank you in advance

·
FF Affiliate
30,365 Posts
To drop the temps I would do a 180 deg thermostat and a Custom Tune like I sell to turn the fans on sooner among other things

Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts