Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
need new focus?!
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cooling fan runs non stop...once warmed up...it kicks on for bout a min then shuts down after a lil more running it, itll kick back on and stay on...any idea why i would do this i have looked into anything under the hood im just going off of what it does and ive been running it like that for about year and half

·
Registered
177 Posts
There could be several reasons why the cooling fan/fans (depending on year model) will NOT turn on, however there is only two reasons why they WILL turn on, and that's because either the ECU has detected that the engine temp has risen to the point where the radiator needs additional assistance in cooling the water OR you have turned on the A/C.

Check your water level, and make sure it's not a dark dirty color. You may also want to have your system flushed/cleaned. Also depending on your mileage your thermostat may have gone bad and is not allowing enough water to flow through the engine. Lastly, but this is rarely the case, your CHT sensor may be going bad and it is telling the ECU that the engine is running hotter than it really is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts