Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately my 03 svt has been getting hot. Tonight I had to pull into a gas station bc my oil temp gauge was in the red and my coolant needle was going up as well. I know of the oil temp gauge being a dumby gauge of sorts, so generally i pay no mind to it bc it eventually goes back to normal. Tonight was the first time however that the coolant temp gauge went up as well. Got out and popped the hood, coolant level was fine so its not that. Then i started reading up on this and saw the threads about the relays. Checked them based on the diagram in the owners manual and I feel like I'm missing some relays. Here's 2 pics I took. I feel like I'm missing the 9 and 10 relay.

·
Registered
636 Posts
soooo what happened? are the fans turning on? I have recently been having an issue that my fans dont turn on even when the engine is warmed up or even boiling hot...burnt a few plugs that way. I checked the pigtail and resistor (it is right in between both fans) and pulled the resistor off of the pg tail adapter....the adapter was completely fried, I mean MELTED! I just got my pieces tonight and will slap them in early afternoon and let you know how that works.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same thing for me. My resistor connector was fried and so was the female end it plugs into, so that has to be the culprit. I'm ordering the parts on Friday so hopefully this will solve ny problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts