·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what i was thinking too. I didnt see where it said how much it would be but it would be a cool upgrade visually.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
A nice chrome tank would be cool, imo.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
The St tank mounts differently so would require some work to get it mounted

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Apparently they mount the same, but the shape is different so not 100% sure they will work in NA, have to go take a look at an ST now.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
An ST tank will fit in an NA. They are shaped differently as mentioned but no changes are needed to mount an ST piece in an NA.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So do the NA and ST hold different amounts of coolant? If so, would that mean it's an even better improvement for us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,355 Posts
The amount of coolant it holds will make no difference in how cool the engine runs , to add this would be strictly for looks and my guess is it wont be cheap

Tom

·
Registered
154 Posts
The amount of coolant it holds will make no difference in how cool the engine runs , to add this would be strictly for looks and my guess is it wont be cheap

Tom

What about the higher pressure that the mishimoto tank runs at? Since higher pressure=higher boiling point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Certain parts may not make you faster, but they can always look better
from mishimoto intro article.

Where did you pick up higher pressure? Higher pressure CAPABILITY would be a reference to strength, so you don't need to worry about it popping.

Higher pressure WOULD give more leeway for overheating, but no gain in cooling. In any case it's limited by the system as a whole, cap pressure chosen for a reasonable level and protection of components. Pop a hose loose or blow a radiator/heater core & you won't be happy.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
An ST tank will fit in an NA. They are shaped differently as mentioned but no changes are needed to mount an ST piece in an NA.
And itll be very difficult to remove the oem.coolant tank without breaking something.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
And itll be very difficult to remove the oem.coolant tank without breaking something.
You have to be careful but it's not too hard. Both my original NA tank and now my ST tank have been on and off multiple times without issue. [thumb]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts