Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting to clean up my engine bay and want to relocate the coolant overflow tank. I cant locate a diagram for the 06 duratec cooling system. I need to know if the two lines that at the top are the same direction of flow and if i can put a T-fitting and buy a generic tank.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Yep they flow the same direction. If you rev the motor at the throttle body you can see both spurting coolant into the tank.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
just throwing it out there too....you could also get a degas cover. i think they are 25 bucks.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i wouldnt get a generic tank... the tank and cap, sinse the focus doesnt have a conventional radiator cap, the plastic tank and cap are what keep the coolant system pressurized.... so if you get a vented generic one... you'll probably end up with coolant issues...

unless you get like a hose adapter with a rad cap in it... kinda like the srt-4 runs...

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
the SVT degas cover makes it look so much nicer

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
NICE

whore

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
the SVT degas cover makes it look so much nicer

yup, it does.

thats why i took out my washer sprayer tank lol
and yeah...speaking of which...not up here. just drove from MA to CT...my sprayers stopped working...during our latest snow storm. took me 5 hours to get here, with all the stopping!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The plan is to take a tank similar to the one below weld a larger connector at the bottom and top and place a T-Fitting between the incoming lines on top and closing off any vents that maybe on it. Now i just need a place to attach it. I'm think to the same spot but i'll have to build some brackets for it look good. No point in half ass-n it. Thanks for all the advice guys.

http://www.racinglab.com/weuncoovtau.html

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts