Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a small coolant stain under my 2002 SVT and a corresponding drop in the reservoir tank. Nothing drastic, no overheating, but I don't want to let it go. Is it possible that this is an overflow? Or is this a sealed system? The stain is on the right side of the vehicle as you are sitting in the driver seat, the left or front side of the engine as u look at the engine. Any TSB on coolant leak? Water pump gasket? Any tips are appreciated.

Thanx

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Remove your resivoir, It maybe cracked, Mine was and I used some plastic tank repair from the local parts store, Fixed it right up !
Note, That it probably is only gonna leak when it's hot so just take off the tank and inspect the bottom, if you see cracks then you know what to do ! [thumb]

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
151 Posts
external leaks are always better then internal coolent loss. you can find them much easier. try to feel if your resivoir is wet on the outside anywhere. if not start to look for any wetness on the engine itself. if you still cant find it you might have to do a pressure test to help pin point the source better.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've had this problem too. I've found a little puddle now for the past week forming right below where the middle of the car where transmission is. It's not the transmission leaking because the puddles green. I know this because I've traced the leak up top just above the transmission where the hoses from the radiator join to meet a "plastic junction" ( thermostat housing??) on the right side of the engine when looking in the bay. the Hoses don't look like their cracked or leaking, but on the underside of this "Plastic junction" there is a metal like cap that is wet with antifreeze.

Any advice on what to do?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Oh Man thanks so very much, I'm going to try this out first thing in the mornin!

By the Way the Chemistry you were talking about in the thread reminds me of the work I do daily! AHH!!

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
No prob, bro! I'm pretty sure I'd take a bullet to the brainpan if I had to work with Organic Chem everyday... good grief. Give me a helping of Animal Histolgy with a side of Physiology any day of the week. [thumb]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts