Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find the source of a coolant leak. It only leaks out the amount in the resevoir. It doesn't lose any more than that and doesn't overheat. It's on the passenger side of the car. It doesn't leak out right away but after driving for a while. Already took it to one mechanic and they couldn't find a leak said it was probably the A/C. I know they're on crack since I filled the tank to the line and it's empty a couple of hours later. This is on a 2000 ZTS.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
i would suggest that you come to our get together down here near cincinnati tomorrow and we can all take a look at it. but that might be a bit far for you to drive. if you want to come though. send me a PM

on suggestion i have is to get under the car and look to see what looks like it's getting wet. coolant is corrosive so there will definatly be some markings from where the coolant has run out of the engine or whereever it's coming from.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Well, its going to be really difficult to tell on here.Have you checked to see if the oil is kind of milky looking? Have you checked around the radiator? Just a few off the top of my head.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess sometimes the simplest answer doesn't always present itself right away. I should fill it up and let it run with the hood up until it starts leaking.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Dont rule out your head gasket...i just got found why i was losing water after couple of years. if you have tons of pressure in your resevoir..thats can be a sign. i had like 4 symptoms

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have exactly the same problem on my 2002 zts. I can fill up the resevoir, and it'll be fine for weeks, then all of the sudden it''ll puke it out onto the ground. I can top up the resrvoir, and it'll be fine again for a while. pressurizes to proper pressure, doesn't overheat, even when the resevoir is emply. It's got me stumped because whenever I get under the car to look for leaks, there's no leak, and there doesn't seem to be any ryme or reason to when it "decides" to take a leak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts