Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's '03 ZX5 with a Zetec engine has a coolant leak that drips right behind the A/C compressor. There is a coolant tube that goes into the block that the lower radiator hose attaches to. Anyone know if this could be the source of the leak and if it s a replaceable part? You can't even see how the tube attaches to the block because the compressor is in the way. I was thinking maybe it could be the water pump but it is kinda too far away from this leak.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My son's '03 ZX5 with a Zetec engine has a coolant leak that drips right behind the A/C compressor. There is a coolant tube that goes into the block that the lower radiator hose attaches to. Anyone know if this could be the source of the leak and if it s a replaceable part? You can't even see how the tube attaches to the block because the compressor is in the way. I was thinking maybe it could be the water pump but it is kinda too far away from this leak.

Thanks in advance for any help.
does the heat work?
if not it could be the heater core. Very hard to replace, but if you can live without heat it is an easy bypass.

Check for coolant smell when the heat is on. Also check to see if the passenger side floor mats are wet (leaking coolant)

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Mirror time.

Mechanics extension mirrors are cheap enough to be worthwhile for all those places you can't quite see from any angle, and save a lot of guesswork.

Just think - the next dropped bolt might be findable once you can see into the small spaces...

Luck confirming the source.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts