Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
120k! Ford Focus 2008, and HAVING ISSUES.
Here's the deal. About a year ago, I was making a trip 40 mins from my town. Didn't check the coolant first. About halfway home, my car starts smoking and overheats. Pulled over, put water in it. Long story short, had to replace most of the hoses.
Flashforward to present day: my coolant is leaking completely out within two/three days of filling it, additionally there is oil around my spark plugs. I tightened one hose that seemed leaky, but the problem remains. I can see it leaking onto the ground, but cannot pinpoint where the leak is coming from. I can smell the coolant when I open my hood, and know the leak must be somewhere the hoses connect to my engine. Engine oil looks normal. Friends suspect it is the radiator. My car does not currently run hot, but i do always keep coolant in it. thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did u check your water pump housing and check thermo stat housing. And does your cooling fan come on? If no it's your termo stat super easy fix w. Termo stat gasket aswell

·
Registered
44 Posts
120k! Ford Focus 2008, and HAVING ISSUES.
Here's the deal. About a year ago, I was making a trip 40 mins from my town. Didn't check the coolant first. About halfway home, my car starts smoking and overheats. Pulled over, put water in it. Long story short, had to replace most of the hoses.
Flashforward to present day: my coolant is leaking completely out within two/three days of filling it, additionally there is oil around my spark plugs. I tightened one hose that seemed leaky, but the problem remains. I can see it leaking onto the ground, but cannot pinpoint where the leak is coming from. I can smell the coolant when I open my hood, and know the leak must be somewhere the hoses connect to my engine. Engine oil looks normal. Friends suspect it is the radiator. My car does not currently run hot, but i do always keep coolant in it. thoughts anyone?
Also check your clamps one could not be tight anymore

·
I Like Red
3,245 Posts
Check your oil for water/coolant to rule out a bad head gasket as well... Could also be the water pump, check for drips or weeping around the waterpump bearing/seal. Coolant leak gremlins can be a pita to find sometimes, goodluck.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Made this a thread of it's own, Welcome!

Oil around plugs is likely from a seeping valve cover gasket, clean it out as well as possible before removing any of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts