Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems I have a little but smoking on and off leak. Its right at what to me seems like the transmission cooling lines splitter thingy right below the radiator. Oddly its at both ends left and right side. Did the tube clog or!? I find it hard to believe both hoses went at once! HELP!!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That's an engine coolant crossover tube, fairly common for those to fail & not too expensive to replace.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nailed it! I just took it out and when I plugged the ends and run water through it, it leaks from roughly the middle. Got a part #? Dealer only part I assume?? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found it on amazon and ordered in case I can't score it locally! I'm gonna try glue and a TON of duct tape to hold me over the next few days!! Thanks guys! :)

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Dealer part, no number handy - possibly in one of the older threads on this.

Memory says about $25-30 from prev. posts IIRC, hate to guess as who knows what it is this year. Not pricey enough to wait for a mail order part unless you don't need the car.

Good part is that it didn't blow out the coolant while driving, catastrophic failure on those is a PITA.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That's good, more readily avail. now.

·
Registered
17,288 Posts
And just as low a quality as all other products Dorman has. Make one up from copper pipe at Home Depot, it'll last forever. Cost $15. Got'em on all 3 zetec cars I have.

I really love how much they tell you how good they are, I warranted so much Dorman at the store it wasn't funny. Their parts are pretty much all crap, at least anything made of plastic. The plastic quality is much lower than the OEM is. Their rubber like used in ball joint seals is much the same way, erodes to break up in pieces in less than a year. Many dead returned ball joints less than a year in age had no seals at all, they had crumbled to pieces and fallen off. I've split them before in front of a customer by simply stretching them a bit with my fingers, they split with ease. Moog rubber is 10X the quality there but expensive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Indeed I prefer MOOG for any important suspension parts! So whats the alternative!? OEM for insane $ and wait time!? I have glue drying now and will duct tape over it tomorrow! lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts