Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my focus in for a door latch recall and I was told my coolant was extremely low. They preformed something called a pressure test and there were no leaks. However, they told me the cap on the coolant isn't the oem cap that the ford focus comes with. They told me to keep an eye on my coolant because my engine warranty expires in 800 miles.

What could of causes the low Coolant? I did buy the car used. Idk if The original owner changed the coolant and lost the oem top and didn't fill it up enough during a coolant replace. Or if it could be the water pump or some other unknown issue thay could cause low coolant. Any ideas???

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
In my experience these cars just burn a little coolant over time. I have a 2014 also and ive had to top my coolant off multiple times. I'd recommend checking the coolant level at least once a month just to be safe. as long as the pressure is good and you dont see any leaks, you should be good to go.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,303 Posts
In my experience these cars just burn a little coolant over time. I have a 2014 also and ive had to top my coolant off multiple times. I'd recommend checking the coolant level at least once a month just to be safe. as long as the pressure is good and you dont see any leaks, you should be good to go.
Same time you check your oil level, quick peek at the coolant level......

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Where would I buy an oem coolant cap online???
2 sec online google search

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Motorcraft-Rs530-Cap-Radiator/48464381?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227036582913&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=71073730369&wl4=pla-159853480849&wl5=9015245&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=48464381&wl13=&veh=sem

Amazon, haha sounds silly but they really have most of the little things you may need. They have a nice little Ford racing one (if your into that)
If he's having issues with an aftermarket one don't think buying another aftermarket ones a good idea..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts