Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I did a search and wasn't helped all that much. What are the hoses under the ignition coil that run back to the heater core called? The one that split is in front of the little junction thing that I'm assuming from there back would be what would actually be called the "heater hoses."
Trying to find it on rock auto. This thing just spontaneously failed on monday, has a 4 or 5 inch long blow out along it, dumps a gallon of water out of it in 20 seconds.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey all. I did a search and wasn't helped all that much. What are the hoses under the ignition coil that run back to the heater core called? The one that split is in front of the little junction thing that I'm assuming from there back would be what would actually be called the "heater hoses."

Trying to find it on rock auto. This thing just spontaneously failed on monday, has a 4 or 5 inch long blow out along it, dumps a gallon of water out of it in 20 seconds.
I've always called it heater hose or heater core line.

If the hose is easy to get to without any major bends (nothing crazy and molded like a 90 degree one) take a chunk or your whole hose to any local parts store that sells bulk hose. (Mine has all sorts of coolant lines by the foot, I've done plenty of repairs that way)

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
980 Posts
wth is that thing
It would help us all if you stated what year Focus you have and what engine.

The part shown by homey55 is for 2.0L/2.3L Duratec.

Paul

·
Registered
452 Posts
If you have a Duratec, then that is the "manifold" that the heater hoses connect to. Mine just broke and caused the same problem you had. The problem I had was the piece broke (mine was aluminum with a steel insert) and leaked all of my coolant out of the car. You won't know until you remove the coil and the hoses going into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts