Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've search a bit on the site but couldn't find an answer for this one:

On the 2006 Focus 2.0, is there an air bleeder screw(s) in the cooling system for purging air during coolant changes? There's a plastic screw in the top right of the rad on my 2014 chevy cruze for this purpose. So wondering if there's something similar on the 2006 Focus

·
Registered
945 Posts
I've search a bit on the site but couldn't find an answer for this one:

On the 2006 Focus 2.0, is there an air bleeder screw(s) in the cooling system for purging air during coolant changes? There's a plastic screw in the top right of the rad on my 2014 chevy cruze for this purpose. So wondering if there's something similar on the 2006 Focus
I believe the system is self purging thru the upper reservoir. Ive drained refilled the cooling systems on both my 2002 Zetec and 2005 Duratec and never had an issue to the trapped air.

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
765 Posts
Normal procedure is to warm up the car with the cap off. The system is self purging due to the overflow tank being the highest point. Never had a air bleed problem on my Duratecs .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - I had planned on running the engine with cap off, HVAC heat full hot and let the rad fan kick on a few times before calling it good, maybe giving it some revs around 2 to 2.5k but I usually have it up on ramps when I do that, which may not make the overflow the highest part. Should it be on level ground when doing this?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thanks guys - I had planned on running the engine with cap off, HVAC heat full hot and let the rad fan kick on a few times before calling it good, maybe giving it some revs around 2 to 2.5k but I usually have it up on ramps when I do that, which may not make the overflow the highest part. Should it be on level ground when doing this?
Ramps are fine.

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Ford coolant systems are pretty much self bleeding and done by the time the stat opens up for a minute or so, you can help it by revving engine a little bit at stat opening. The reason for all the extra hoses, they bleed the trouble high spots to the reservoir. If the reservoir is still clear what you see trickling into it through the small lines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts