Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 1/2 months my Sangria Red Mazda Tribute door handles are finelly here. They are a perfect color match.

I dont think I can get them installed this weekend, have several other things going on.

A friend needs temp housing, so Im helping him move into my place this weekend.

The weather is crappy.

Im trying to get the side moldings, hatch strip, and front bumper license plate holes filled/painted. Need to get a couple more estimates. Want to have it done next week.

The mods are starting to move alittle faster. Yippeeeeeee!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Instead of the cheap-o black Focus handles, the Tributes are smooth and painted like the SVT handles. Sangria Red is one of the colors the Tribute comes in, so for $60 Ive got nice painted handles.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Umm...are you gonna have your car shaved cause of you want it done RIGHT it's gonna cost you over a grand to have it done. More then putting a little bondo or putty or whatever in those holes.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not shaving anything. Im just replacing the stock Focus blah door handles with body colored Tribute handles. The Focus/Tribute handles are identical, except the Tribute ones are smooth and painted.

Im also getting the side moldings and hatch strip painted body color.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Installed the passenger handle today. The Mazda ones are exact matches for the Focus ones. They look great, since I have manual locks I had to get the bezels with a keyhole. They would look even better if I had power locks and could use the no-keyhole bezel instead, oh well, cant have everything.

Best quote to fill the license plate holes in the front bumper, paint the side trim and trunk strip is $180.

I could whack the idiot at the dealer that screwed the front license plate on, I always use two sided tape on those. I knew that I would re-register the car in Arkansas (no front plate) and I didnt want the holes. When I was meeting the service manager, the salesman put the holes in the bumper, this was after I told him that I would put the plate on myself. That little move is costing me, its only $90 for the moldings, another $90 for the holes.

Im picky about my cars, cant stand the holes.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Hey, are those a direct fit with no alterations??? I wouldn't mind getting rid of my black handles, my zx is cloud 9 white. I do have power locks, so you are saying they would still fit? Did you order them from the Mazda Dealership or somewhere online?[idea]

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im not sure what Tribute colors match Focus colors. The Sangria Red, Ebony Black, and Oxford White seem to be the same. Heres what you need to do: Go to a Mazda dealer and see if the Tributes match your Focus color, go into parts and have them look up the parts number. If you buy from Mazda, you are looking at about $80-$90 for 2 handles and 2 bezels. If you can get the part numbers and order online its about $60.

These handles are an EXACT match. Best cosmetic mod Ive done.

·
Registered
201 Posts
lets see some pics!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts