Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hey Arco, thanks for you positive input. You living in California know what i'm talking about. The auto laws out here are crazy. My last 2 Focus's that i upgraded a few years back had a different PCM with the VIN programmed in of the year i was upgrading them to and i just went to the state referee and told him what and why i did the upgrade to and he just made sure all was legal and hooked up right for the year i was upgraded to and put a sticker in the door telling who ever smogged it in the fure to ude the specs on the sticker. no problem.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Hey Tom, thanks for the hit up. No i have not hit up Mike. I'm not to sure if i've seen his post. I would love to talk to him. Do you have a contact number for him? I still have your tune that i paid about a year ago lol. i will use it in something here pretty soon.
See post #4 in this thread.

CORRECTION:
See post #4 in your other thread. (Two threads on the same subject. No wonder Tom and I got confused about where we had seen the post from RDC.)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Yes. I got it now guys. Lol I was kinda drinking a lot the night i posted the bad news due to me being a little depressed over the car situation. I will call him tomorrow. Tnx

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
15 Titanium

Maybe you should change your username?

I'm not superstitious -- being superstitious brings bad luck -- but maybe the universe just wants it to stay a "14 Titanium" to be consistent.

I'd say that the car might want that, too, but inanimate objects don't like to have human characteristics attributed to them. That reminds me, you have not given your car a name, have you? Especially not a female name, I hope. That could explain it being so difficult. ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ha Ha. That is very true and funny. I don't normally have names for my cars. Never did. But yeah the name change to a 15 Titanium will have to be done as soon as i get the car going. i am getting a couple newer key fobs once i get home from my vacation on the 15th and give them to the guy working on my car and see if he can get them to talk to the RFA module and get this thing going. I love the fact that Ford is bringing the 2020 Focus to the US at the end of this year. I may buy one depending on price. I was losing interest in my Focus, but once i got to my dad's back east for the past month i have been driving a 2019 Escape Titanium from the car rental place and it's just like my Focus inside. Well it got me more motivated now to get my car going again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Well everyone, i'm sure you guys are all just pacing the floor waiting to hear about and see my finished project of making my 2014 into a 2016 Titanium with the tech pak and all options and new color scheme from Silver to Performance Blue L1 code. Well i wish i can say it was finished to this day but unfortunately it is not. :-( But it's very close now. The car as you guys know has been at the auto electric shop going on around 8 months now. They have been trying to program the car to start so then they can upload all 2016 as built data into the car so all will work the way it's supposed to. But they have failed at attempting to get that done. I honestly personally don't believe they are even trying to make it happen as much as they led me to believe. I have caught the guy in a few lies when talking to him about it. So i have decided to just pull the car out and try a different approach. With the help of Mike here on the forum who has done one of these conversions sorta directed me to tow the car to Ford and just tell them i need a PATS reset with 2 new keys i have. They should be able to do that with there equipment. I was told not to say anything to Ford about my conversion. Just have them do the PATS reset so the car will start and run. Then i can upload all the as-built data to the rest of the modules later to get them all working. Then i should be done if all goes well. So i have not given up yet. Although i will be honest i have about gave up on it and just parted the car out or sold the whole car to someone as a roller. But my family, friends, forum guys like you, and Mike pumped me up to keep going. Heck i'm about 90% done with it. So i will let you know what happens when i get it over to Ford in the next coming week or two.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts